Thoughts on our transfer business so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SAFCSpartan

I think we have done some very good business with our budget. I was one of the fans silly enough to think we had 15m-20m to spend and over the past 3 weeks it has been shown we haven't, maybe the 6m quoted was correct. Look at who we have signed, Browning, Galloway, Grabban on loans, McGeady, Vaughan, Steele, soon to be Ruiter, maybe even McCormack and that Villa defender as well forgot his name signing in the next 2 weeks. As SG said after the game yesterday Lens was injured, no bids for him, Khazri, Kone yet and if we do get bids they have to match our valuations or they can f*ck off in other words! We have made 32 million off our two old keepers, got rid of a load of lads on high wages, most the players have taken a wage cut, we will be getting the parachute payments, our debt should be a lot healthier by the end of the season. I know positivity is a really dodgy subject on this forum with a few of the negative fans but I think we have a decent enough squad to make the playoffs, not top 2, Boro will be one of them with their spending and I fancy Fulham or Sheff Wed for the other. Point is SG has done some good business and we finally have a manager who knows the score with the fans and doesn't take any sh*t off lazy players! Just my opinion lads, can't be bothered with getting abuse off negative idiots on here;)

If you don't want abuse don't post.

I think we've done alright considering the shit state the club is in. I'm not as optimistic about the season as you, but hopefully it'll be a platform to build on.

If you don't want abuse don't post.

I think we've done alright considering the shit state the club is in. I'm not as optimistic about the season as you, but hopefully it'll be a platform to build on.
I said I can't be bothered with the abuse so will ignore it when some do give it.

I think we have done some very good business with our budget. I was one of the fans silly enough to think we had 15m-20m to spend and over the past 3 weeks it has been shown we haven't, maybe the 6m quoted was correct. Look at who we have signed, Browning, Galloway, Grabban on loans, McGeady, Vaughan, Steele, soon to be Ruiter, maybe even McCormack and that Villa defender as well forgot his name signing in the next 2 weeks. As SG said after the game yesterday Lens was injured, no bids for him, Khazri, Kone yet and if we do get bids they have to match our valuations or they can f*ck off in other words! We have made 32 million off our two old keepers, got rid of a load of lads on high wages, most the players have taken a wage cut, we will be getting the parachute payments, our debt should be a lot healthier by the end of the season. I know positivity is a really dodgy subject on this forum with a few of the negative fans but I think we have a decent enough squad to make the playoffs, not top 2, Boro will be one of them with their spending and I fancy Fulham or Sheff Wed for the other. Point is SG has done some good business and we finally have a manager who knows the score with the fans and doesn't take any sh*t off lazy players! Just my opinion lads, can't be bothered with getting abuse off negative idiots on here;)
I reckon £10m is our budget and sales will boost that. We are notorious at entering the market late and could be waiting to see how we start the league before spending the budget in the last few days of the market.

Depressing
Agreed but what do we expect being in debt 100million+, too many years of buying players not good enough and giving them high wages, just ask our old friend ARRY Redknapp what happens when you do that, Birmingham will be in the sh*t soon enough.

I'm just happy to see players who actually want to be signing for us, we've signed much better ability wise in previous years and seen them twist, moan and sulk and do the bare minimum on the pitch, one thing about this league too many going through the motions would be found out in a heartbeat, it's not so much about individuals anymore but a good work ethic and team spirit, obviously that bit of skill makes the difference as well but without the application it's nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back