Thoughts on our transfer business so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's f***ing depressing
Agree marra, would love us to sign Chris Wood, Cairney, Sessegnon - the young one, Cunningham, Johnstone, Lees but we can't as don't have the money for it so what SG has signed so far for 2 million is decent business in my eyes

they do? name one.

Plenty of them. Not naming but there are some on here that love Short.

Agree marra, would love us to sign Chris Wood, Cairney, Sessegnon - the young one, Cunningham, Johnstone, Lees but we can't as don't have the money for it so what SG has signed so far for 2 million is decent business in my eyes

I agree atm Grayson looks like he is doing best with money available but everyone just fed up with lack of ambition from the club. We've sold a player for £30m and not even spent £1m on one player so far ffs

Average and uninspiring at best.

We are showing a lack of ambition which is driven by our dire financial state.

I was still hoping for more but rather than buying promising youth we seem to be going for average Championship plodders who will have little resale and no chance of succeeding in the PL
Marra we have youth and it is finally good to see one of our managers giving them a chance, we need championship players who can do a job and graft for the team and I think SG is signing just that. Honest question what do we like more as Mackems - A team to graft and put in good strong tackles who play decent and carve out results or a set of wimps who might play attractive football, win the odd game but are scared to break a nail :rolleyes:?

Difficult to judge, I thought we would sell more and spend more. We might be better off spending less and selling less. I don't know much about most of the new signings.

I think we have done some very good business with our budget. I was one of the fans silly enough to think we had 15m-20m to spend and over the past 3 weeks it has been shown we haven't, maybe the 6m quoted was correct. Look at who we have signed, Browning, Galloway, Grabban on loans, McGeady, Vaughan, Steele, soon to be Ruiter, maybe even McCormack and that Villa defender as well forgot his name signing in the next 2 weeks. As SG said after the game yesterday Lens was injured, no bids for him, Khazri, Kone yet and if we do get bids they have to match our valuations or they can f*ck off in other words! We have made 32 million off our two old keepers, got rid of a load of lads on high wages, most the players have taken a wage cut, we will be getting the parachute payments, our debt should be a lot healthier by the end of the season. I know positivity is a really dodgy subject on this forum with a few of the negative fans but I think we have a decent enough squad to make the playoffs, not top 2, Boro will be one of them with their spending and I fancy Fulham or Sheff Wed for the other. Point is SG has done some good business and we finally have a manager who knows the score with the fans and doesn't take any sh*t off lazy players! Just my opinion lads, can't be bothered with getting abuse off negative idiots on here;)
I like your post. It's f***ing refreshing to be honest.

Its actually much better than I expected. Defoe was always going, great price got for Pickford, ok money for Vito, Excellent money for Fabio, the ones out of contracts and not given a new contract was correct. The players we have got on loan or bought are about what where we are at the moment. If they can gel and maybe keep one of Khazri or Kone then we will be fine. Lens is going for sure and we should make the Turks pay full value or they can take a hike.

No one can say they are exciting, but hopefully Grayson has a plan.
Judging by the friendlies can see us having a slow start and we'll get loads of "I told you so" posts on here
But there are a shit load of games in this league.
Its a long season. He needs to be given time

Can see he's going about his business the right way all things considered but the whole scenarios just fucked.

Certainly not good enough to put us in the promotion race and we'd be in even worse shape if we somehow went up. If we want to have any sort of extended PL run again it's going to be because we successfully built the club back up from the ground a la Southampton.

Certainly not good enough to put us in the promotion race and we'd be in even worse shape if we somehow went up. If we want to have any sort of extended PL run again it's going to be because we successfully built the club back up from the ground a la Southampton.
Eh ? Worse shape we would be getting premier league money ya narna which would further reduce the debt.

Like your username our business has been Spartan in terms of cash and quality.

I fully expect Lens, Kone Khazri and NDong, to be gone, when September comes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back