This board and our fans are toxic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a popular opinion but it's a fact we are becoming toxic. The team is woeful and playing without confidence. It's not a lack of effort it's the fact that the team is much weaker than this time last year and even then you could see our weaknesses across the park.
If I was a potential buyer or player and looked at this board I'd be keeping away from the place as it's a career threatening move.
Do you support Sunderland? Do you go to games? You put up with shit you'll get shit. Have some pride in the club and boo the fuck out of ***** losing against Gillingham.

Do you support Sunderland? Do you go to games? You put up with shit you'll get shit. Have some pride in the club and boo the fuck out of ***** losing against Gillingham.
Yes support Sunderland. Yes been going since late 70s

I'm also upset with the manner the club is ran and the players. Like I said the position we are in is making the place toxic and I include myself in that

I just dont like the phrase toxic, I have seen this place much worse in the premiership. Its folk having a moan about people underperforming, it isn't worth of being called toxic imo iirc.

The club is a great opportunity for investor with an intelligent plan, the premiership is a potential goldmine if that is the plan and o amount of folk being annoyed on a message board would change that.

I just dont like the phrase toxic, I have seen this place much worse in the premiership. Its folk having a moan about people underperforming, it isn't worth of being called toxic imo iirc.

The club is a great opportunity for investor with an intelligent plan, the premiership is a potential goldmine if that is the plan and o amount of folk being annoyed on a message board would change that.
The toxic quote is the only point people have replied to.
I was also pointing out that the immediate response to the woeful performances is that the players are not trying when the fact is they are just not good enough and we are significantly weakened since this time 12 months ago

Not a popular opinion but it's a fact we are becoming toxic. The team is woeful and playing without confidence. It's not a lack of effort it's the fact that the team is much weaker than this time last year and even then you could see our weaknesses across the park.
If I was a potential buyer or player and looked at this board I'd be keeping away from the place as it's a career threatening move.
And the fans who spend hard earned money on watching/traveling around the country are toxic? Give your f***ing head a shake! We are the best supported club home and away in the league by a country mile and more! The fans have a right to vent there anger at what they are seeing on and off the pitch... Stop being a Dick

If I were a potential poster I would keep away from your post

And the fans who spend hard earned money on watching/traveling around the country are toxic? Give your f***ing head a shake! We are the best supported club home and away in the league by a country mile and more! The fans have a right to vent there anger at what they are seeing on and off the pitch... Stop being a Dick
I'm merely making an observation that the predicament we are in is making the whole club toxic. Calling names tut tut

I probably came across as toxic on Saturday berating them at half and full time. So yup my fault we're shit etc.

Ok maybe I should have left the toxic bit out.
The point I was making is that the whole board is blaming lack of effort and posting threads about players eating at McDonalds when the simple fact is they are just not good enough. Any amount of effort by them would not alter that fact

The toxic quote is the only point people have replied to.
I was also pointing out that the immediate response to the woeful performances is that the players are not trying when the fact is they are just not good enough and we are significantly weakened since this time 12 months ago

Possibly because trying is debatable, weakened is obvious and toxic is being used in the context of what we write on a message board may deter potential buyers as opposed to those actually that have actually made this situation?

The point I was making is that the whole board is blaming lack of effort and posting threads about players eating at McDonalds when the simple fact is they are just not good enough. Any amount of effort by them would not alter that fact
And whose fault is it with the assembly of this shocking team and manager?

The toxic fans?

And whose fault is it with the assembly of this shocking team and manager?

The toxic fans?
Stewart Donald's
:lol: year after year of being fucked right up the arse by pathetic failure but nah its the fans fault. Should just keep clapping
I never said it was the fans fault I said the place is becoming toxic but welcome aboard the band wagon

Last edited:
In hindsight, creating a clickbait title named 'This board and our fans are toxic' wasn't the brightest of ideas either. It's taken 131 posts for you to come to some sense. You've still some way to go yet though.

Stewart Donald's

I never said it was the fans fault I said the place is becoming toxic but welcome aboard the band wagon
But you seem to suggest that things should be different! I don't see how and I don't see why anyone would expect things to be different. Your expectations should be set for a lot higher than mid table of League 1. Also it's not as if it just suddenly happened. Any set of fans throughout the world would be pissed off, why should you lot be any different.. You can't happy clap out of this situation... Ok if the players are not good enough that's one thing, but booing isn't always against the players..

We booed recently at the start of the season, and it had nothing to do with Bruce.. (I later saw an interview when he thought it was about him,, I felt for the guy) but Bruce adapted, and changed things up a bit... All our pissing and moaning and shouting at shops has not gotten our owner to sell up... but if we happy clapped all the time He would still be here, but at least now he knows we don't like the fat twit. No one wants to stay somwhere they are not wanted so he may well be trying to sell up... it could be because of the protests etc, it might not have anything to do with it, who knows.. but fuck it... let them know you are not happy.

What an absolute load of TOSH!
This word " toxic" seems another word to kick a club and it's supporters when we are down .Yes there are many who are frustrated, unhappy and every day things just seem to get worse.However,there are others ( silent) who will turn up and not be " toxic".In my humble and yes I do go to games.our fans have been amazing .Even v Burton we were desperate for something to get behind ..gave the players backing but they could not rise to this support.Most supporters I see at games simply look at one another in disbelief at what they are witnessing and shake their heads with more than a hint of sadness at our demise .Will be back again for the next match as one of the many "non toxics ".We have every right to be unhappy but "toxic "seems to pin a canny bit on long long suffering fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back