This board and our fans are toxic

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is Sunderland, where the fans will cheer a committed tackle the way other fans cheer a goal.

Show us the graft, that you're putting in a shift and we will back you to the hilt.
Definitely this.
Unfortunately, the current shower of shite have downed tools and that's not acceptable.

So, you are perennial struggles in the Premier league for a number of years, then you have back to back relegation's then as favorites in league 1 you end up with nothing, then the next season when all that was required was a little bit of strengthening you seem to have gotten worse. A Manager that was (by what I hear) your least favorite of the candidates..

Of course you should be toxic, you shouldn't stand for it. I personally don't do the "bedsheet waving" but I applaud the fuckers for doing something.. It might achieve nothing but to sit and accept it will also achieve nothing..
You can argue that you should support the team etc not the regime and booing creates a "toxic" atmosphere.. Good.. When the players hear that shit, it should make them angry,, You hould not be happy now.. only a moron would be happy..
The manager should be playing the boos at the training ground and telling them it's not good enough..

You are no different to any other set of fans anywhere,, we all want the best for our teams.. pissing and moaning MIGHT well in the end achieve nothing.... Accepting that should surely will achieve nothing.
I actually agree with this.

Far too many were passive towards the end of Ellis Short's tenure (which is ultimately why we've found ourselves where we are) and many in fact defended him until the bitter end and some in fact still will, while your supporters have continually hounded Ashley, let's be honest, for far, far less. You may have been relegated under him, but no-one can accuse of him of not ultimately knowing which way his bread is buttered - he ploughed in cash to get promoted back to the Premier League, while for us following relegation, Short cut off the cash supply and sold the club off to the first set of numpties who'd take it off his hands.

The overall level of acceptance from our support to this shite has been pitiful.

If I'm a billionaire and I see boring, repetitive, warmed over threads such as these getting literally thousands of views for a team in a League One shambles, I'm seeing a massive opportunity to invest because of the obviously massive fan base, unbridled passion, and potential to capitalize on a distressed asset.

We're terrible, but we can't stop caring.

I never said it was over the top I said we are becoming toxic which we are and understandably so

It's a fact that we are becoming toxic and understandably so when we have fallen to the depths we are at now.

How is it a fact, dont be silly.

You dont like how the majority are upset with the manner in which the club is ran and its employees. That's your prerogative. It certainly doesnt make it toxic unless you are assuming toxic means the above.

If I'm a billionaire and I see boring, repetitive, warmed over threads such as these getting literally thousands of views for a team in a League One shambles, I'm seeing a massive opportunity to invest because of the obviously massive fan base, unbridled passion, and potential to capitalize on a distressed asset.

We're terrible, but we can't stop caring.
I hope you're right

Some people still dont get it, laying it on thick that its the internet generation.

f***ing hell man even in the Roman colosseum they were booed and ridiculed if the paying public didnt like what they seen.

Not like the good ol days in roker when everyone was just a true supporter of the club. Would never do daft things like red card protests and the like back then.

Not like the good ol days in roker when everyone was just a true supporter of the club. Would never do daft things like red card protests and the like back then.
Absolutely not, the newspaper generation only had good things to write in about.

How is it a fact, dont be silly.

You dont like how the majority are upset with the manner in which the club is ran and its employees. That's your prerogative. It certainly doesnt make it toxic unless you are assuming toxic means the above.
I'm also upset with the manner the club is ran and the players. Like I said the position we are in is making the place toxic and I include myself in that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back