The Virus is Painfully Real

another 'UK' (lived in ibiza?) anti-vaxxer dies of covid... wasn't aware of him but a big deal in UK financial circles(?). quite vocal on twitter even up to when he was hospitalised apparently, but his tweets are now protected.

He’s a pretty well renowned commentator in financial services (my industry) and there’s been a fair bit of coverage on it in the financial press. I hadn’t realised he was an anti vax fella though.

It seems like some folk just like being contrarian for the sake of it.

There’s a common theme going on with a lot of these, @Ciro_DiMarzio have you noticed?
Emergency approval.
Now trialling a variant proof booster.
It’s weird as I was going to say why haven’t they yet and saw an article that the trial started today in Manchester with a couple in their 60’s.

It may be just me but I find the majority of your posts impenetrably cryptic.

You seem to be critical of or sceptical about something but I'm not quite sure what.

Could you please clarify exactly what you are trying to say.

Just found out one of my oldest friends nearly died from covid, she's just got out of hospital after having a horrific time of it.
Worryingly she was double jabbed and healthier than me, it's left me feeling really scared tbh.

I know of a 20 year old unvaccinated lad who just spent six days in ICU. No underlying concerns and normal weight. Now has liver damage and couldn't stand for long enough to brush his teeth when discharged home.

Just found out one of my oldest friends nearly died from covid, she's just got out of hospital after having a horrific time of it.
Worryingly she was double jabbed and healthier than me, it's left me feeling really scared tbh.

Thankfully she was fully vaccinated, could have been a far worse outcome. Not trying to minimize her experience of it, the vaccines are saving lives.

Thankfully she was fully vaccinated, could have been a far worse outcome. Not trying to minimize her experience of it, the vaccines are saving lives.
Aye but I'm now terrified, I didn't think someone my age far healthier than me would nearly die from covid after being double jabbed :cry:

Aye but I'm now terrified, I didn't think someone my age far healthier than me would nearly die from covid after being double jabbed :cry:

Could be her response to the vaccine wasn't robust enough. Mate I'm fitter than the average 50 yr old and it mullered me short of being hospitalized, still paying for it 18 months later. The missus barely noticed it and she's suffered from CFS for over 2 decades. Sometimes it's that random, don't dwell on it too much. Neither of us were vaxxed obviously back then

Could be her response to the vaccine wasn't robust enough. Mate I'm fitter than the average 50 yr old and it mullered me short of being hospitalized, still paying for it 18 months later. The missus barely noticed it and she's suffered from CFS for over 2 decades. Sometimes it's that random, don't dwell on it too much.
Thank you, it just really upset me tbh.

It may be just me but I find the majority of your posts impenetrably cryptic.

You seem to be critical of or sceptical about something but I'm not quite sure what.

Could you please clarify exactly what you are trying to say.

You’ll be lucky to get an answer marra.

He’s a strange poster like.

I wouldnt get too upset to be honest - this virus seems to react very differently with different people. You only have to look at the excess of severe cases in men to see there are individual things that will make it way worse in some people. I have a pretty fit 60+ person in ITU now in a very, very bad way and have had cases in 70+ overweight diabetics with heart disease who have sailed through it

I clearly dont know your friend and how bad it was but I very often speak to people where their recall of near death experience from an illness is not reflected in my reading of how bad it was from the notes. Unless she was ventilated then I wouldnt class a Covid case as life threatening personally (this in no way belittles how scary it must be to be unable to breathe and need oxygen and I am glad she made it home)

I wouldnt get too upset to be honest - this virus seems to react very differently with different people. You only have to look at the excess of severe cases in men to see there are individual things that will make it way worse in some people. I have a pretty fit 60+ person in ITU now in a very, very bad way and have had cases in 70+ overweight diabetics with heart disease who have sailed through it

I clearly dont know your friend and how bad it was but I very often speak to people where their recall of near death experience from an illness is not reflected in my reading of how bad it was from the notes. Unless she was ventilated then I wouldnt class a Covid case as life threatening personally (this in no way belittles how scary it must be to be unable to breathe and need oxygen and I am glad she made it home)
She had blood clots and covid pneumonia, needed to be on a lot of oxygen too.

I know of a 20 year old unvaccinated lad who just spent six days in ICU. No underlying concerns and normal weight. Now has liver damage and couldn't stand for long enough to brush his teeth when discharged home.

Seem to hear quite a bit about liver damage off it, worrying as mines probably not in the best of states.

Seem to hear quite a bit about liver damage off it, worrying as mines probably not in the best of states.
One of the lads I know who was in a bad way in hospital for 10 nights had his liver function screened a few times before they would release him. They explained to him that the different drugs and steroids they had administered may cause damage. Maybe the virus itself can cause liver damage too I don't know.

It’s utterly bizarre the range of effect it can have like. I know maybe 25/30 people close to me who’ve had it ranging from early 20s to late 60s and the worst case was someone who felt like they had a cold for a day. Seems insane that the same thing is hospitalising people. I think that’s a big reason for people turning down the vaccine as well.

One of the lads I know who was in a bad way in hospital for 10 nights had his liver function screened a few times before they would release him. They explained to him that the different drugs and steroids they had administered may cause damage. Maybe the virus itself can cause liver damage too I don't know.

Our neices friend (23) got it off covid, didn't realise it but then started having issues and got tested for various things. Also a colleague at work, his wife's friends was asked how much she drank due to the damage on her liver, she doesn't drink and was from covid. Bizarre how it attacks different parts of your body and even after recovering, you don't really know what it's done. At the same time, nothing you can do apart from the vaccine and trying to look after yourself.

Sorry it was 13x not 16x, got it slightly wrong. Guess that is repeated misinformation just like saying kids shed virus from flu mist when I got banned the time before that?

(Pending peer review)

‘children who receive the vaccine will actively 'shed'live flu virus for several days or even weeks after vaccination, thus putting others at risk’

the governments own documents! And I got banned for saying this!
Context is everything and that quote about flu vaccine is totally out of context and designed to spread fear. The document you posted is very balanced and points out the risks are minimal.

If you got banned for posting it once I hope you get a longer ban for doing it a second time

Back