The Virus is Painfully Real

Pancho

Laundry Manager
Staff member

This is great news. Vaccinations work. Most people unvaccinated are younger and less likely to get ill. So for society we are almost covered. A life lesson will be handed out to the unfortunate ones who succumb after not getting the jab. No sleep will be lost by me.

Edit. Extra points to journalist for “gloating misanthropes”

Last edited:
This is great news. Vaccinations work. Most people unvaccinated are younger and less likely to get ill. So for society we are almost covered. A life lesson will be handed out to the unfortunate ones who succumb after not getting the jab. No sleep will be lost by me.

Edit. Extra points to journalist for “gloating misanthropes”

I'm not so sure it's so clear cut for the young 'uns now with the latest variants and how they are evolving. I've known only about a dozen folk directly who caught it - across the age spectrum, luckily none even needed hospital treatment, but all four we know in the last month all under 30 have ended up in hospital and one may or may not have long covid as he still has issues after over a month.

It's crazy not to get the vaccine if you can.

I'm not so sure it's so clear cut for the young 'uns now with the latest variants and how they are evolving. I've known only about a dozen folk directly who caught it - across the age spectrum, luckily none even needed hospital treatment, but all four we know in the last month all under 30 have ended up in hospital and one may or may not have long covid as he still has issues after over a month.

It's crazy not to get the vaccine if you can.
Agreed but I won’t lose any sleep if people are ill.

Wrecking :lol: I know of hundreds of 20-39 year olds and none have even been ill or had a positive test never mind wrecked:lol:

I know a couple of people in early 30s on ventilators with pneumonia pre covid times though so some young people can and have ended up in A and E with illnesses before all this rubbish. I’ve been fine for 18 months now with no vaccine, rather let my Immune system do it’s job. People panicking about vaccines and covid yet happily drink and smoke themselves to death it’s mental man

Good luck to you

Not for me tar very much

Wrecking :lol: I know of hundreds of 20-39 year olds and none have even been ill or had a positive test never mind wrecked:lol:

I know a couple of people in early 30s on ventilators with pneumonia pre covid times though so some young people can and have ended up in A and E with illnesses before all this rubbish. I’ve been fine for 18 months now with no vaccine, rather let my Immune system do it’s job. People panicking about vaccines and covid yet happily drink and smoke themselves to death it’s mental man
The state of it. “i TrUsT mY iMmUnE sYsTEm” is lifted straight off the antivax attention seeker youtube manual you absolute sheep.

He wouldn’t drink or touch drugs – he wouldn’t even take paracetamol for a headache. And besides, Birks was a fitness enthusiast, going to the gym five times a week, so he figured that if he got Covid, he would most likely be fine.

We’ve discussed fitness and illness on here before, I started reading that bit and thought shit, I don’t take paracetamol either, then read the rest.

It sort of makes sense to me, the fittest person I know has really struggled to get back to somewhere near pre Covid levels and they’ve been double jabbed.

My take on it is being out of breath when you get infected could possibly mean you get more of the virus in your lungs. Old people have less lung capacity so will not need as much of the virus to get them.

Vaccines work before any other knacker says I think they don’t.

Probably already had it if it’s so contagious surely i would have had it in the space of 18 months. Probably had it and didn’t even know about it. Had more issues off a common cold
You do realize that your personal experience means nothing compared to the overall stats for the country? It’s just an ‘I’m OK so everyone else should be OK’ selfish attitude

I have been a GP for 24 years now and even in the bad flu years have just seen an increase in the number of people who see me for respiratory symptoms nothing like now

Covid has only just really caugh hold of where I work, I have had 1 death in a 59yo, just found out a fit and healthy 69yo is now on ITU. I also have 4 previously well people with long covid in their 50s and am arranging to see 2 previously well teenagers to assess for long Covid

Probably already had it if it’s so contagious surely i would have had it in the space of 18 months. Probably had it and didn’t even know about it. Had more issues off a common cold
Hope for your sake you are right and you don’t get it like a couple of fit 25 yr olds I know who are still I’ll eight months later with long Covid. It is real.

The point is by not getting a vaccine you are more likely to pass it on even if you don’t get ill. By passing it on you are putting other lives at risk it’s just selfish

Back