The Virus is Painfully Real

I'm what most people would describe as being at the peak of health, and was before covid last September...back to it aerobically now but still got it bad enough that the coughing was strenuous enough to cause damage which still affects me today. I can't cough or sneeze ever since covid without a stabbing feeling in my chest...had heart checks etc and all fine, doctor says it must just be inflamed cartilage (or something along those lines, got the diagnosis in spring)

So basically recommend getting the vaccine.

Last edited:
Enable is now banned for repeated covid misinformation.

I got in late then. Thank you for your sensible response. Had three friends go down with COVID this week. Husband (personal trainer and fit as feck) in hospital on ventilator. His pregnant wife (Zumba trainer) at home but OK. Their 9 year old with COVID but doing OK. Half jabs.

Sick of people spreading shite.

Yet another example of someone who wishes they had the vaccine. Just open your eyes and get vaccinated if you haven't already done so. It genuinely baffles me that people are choosing not to.

I can’t actually believe we even have to debate getting the vaccine. What is the reason that people don’t? Is it a case of being too arrogant or what? It blows my mind.

It’s an easy “look at me” thing isn’t it?

“Ooh I’m soooo controversial! I won’t be getting the jab.”
I have natural immunity
Better protection than any vaccine

So did the Chester manager. He said he’d already had COVID once. I think you’re on a wind up but for anyone out there who isn’t, read the article.

Last edited:
I’m still exhausted and can’t taste anything. It’s taking forever to fully recover from this.
my missus finished isolating at the end of last week. headaches have finally stopped so she's fine now and gone to work. still no taste, so she's been lucky. i had a test yesterday when i went to see me mam and was negative, so she's not passed it onto me.

Someone's going to have to explain to me how my town of 120k last time I checked a week or two back has has 6 deaths, within 28 days of a positive test, since March 16th. Despite being purple in colour on the GOV cases/infection. map for most of that time,purple is the highest colour for the grading. If someone can explain this to me it would be helpful because I realise I'm getting close to the time to decide what to do. Does not make any sense to me.
You're getting further away from when it was time to decide what to do. That time was when the vaccines received the go-ahead. From people who would have had no problem at all with saying 'no' if the vaccine was deemed to be in any way unapprovable.

You're getting further away from when it was time to decide what to do. That time was when the vaccines received the go-ahead. From people who would have had no problem at all with saying 'no' if the vaccine was deemed to be in any way unapprovable.

Emergency approval.

People who chose not to get the vaccine suffering from Covid related issues I don't have sympathy for, the resources they take up due to their selfishness is the issue.

Obviously those who can't get the vaccine for whatever reason I feel the worst for.

Back