The Sun - Sunderland owner Donald turns down shock £70m bid

Regardless of what happens in the next couple of weeks I reckon we're in for another summer of rumours and speculation. There never seems to be a chance to switch off from SAFC.

Article also says the prospective Stadium naming company is being discussed with a betting and an energy company.
The club has said no betting company so that makes it likely the whole article is lazy speculation Sun journalism.

However, it says naming rights are being sold on the opportunity of Netflix audience so with that in mind where is the biggest audience and market for the Netflix documentary? Unlikely to be UK audience figures which would be tens of thousand. A google points to the Netflix audience being 118m subscribers.

So could be selling the naming rights to an non-UK energy company ?

Union Group - a privately owned company which has interest across a range of industries in Latin America.

Last edited:
Unless Donald was lying on the Podcast last week, he isn’t looking to sell, and wants to bring an investor onboard. Seemed to understand the responsibility he has as well to make sure the club remains in good hands, and that, when the time does come to move on, he wouldn’t be selling to anyone.

No reason to not believe him.

Just looked through this thread and I've seen Stewart Donald got no money ? Yet according to the Sun he's turned down 70million :rolleyes: Then I've read "well the sun are normally right ? Yet according to that shitbag Nixon Short wasn't going to sell the club, then 2 minutes later Steward Donald popped up and bought the club..:lol:

Nixon is a known mag and is clearly trying to upset the apple cart. He's hoping his lies will upset the fans and put pressure on the club. I've no doubt SD will sell the club at some point but I'm sure this will be at the right time and now isn't the right time..

f***ing hell you’re hard work. Have a good day.

My post was a lure, that knacker SBC waided in within minutes. For what it's worth I'm fairly sure Donald has been pretty straight in admitting he doesn't have the funds to compete properly in the championship, the mags, Wolves and possibly Sheffield Utd have all spent vast sums to try and escape the championships gravity. So something possibly needs to change, raising more share capital to existing (Sartori) and potential new investors would be a likely and in my view preferred possibility. The energy and engagement from the current management team has been excellent and I would love to see it continue.

On the deal side there will clearly be an Anti-embarrasment clause in the S&P with Drumavile but the clown Nixon at the Sun won't have the first idea of this though, just dumb maths for dumber readers.

My post was a lure, that knacker SBC waided in within minutes. For what it's worth I'm fairly sure Donald has been pretty straight in admitting he doesn't have the funds to compete properly in the championship, the mags, Wolves and possibly Sheffield Utd have all spent vast sums to try and escape the championships gravity. So something possibly needs to change, raising more share capital to existing (Sartori) and potential new investors would be a likely and in my view preferred possibility. The energy and engagement from the current management team has been excellent and I would love to see it continue.

On the deal side there will clearly be an Anti-embarrasment clause in the S&P with Drumavile but the clown Nixon at the Sun won't have the first idea of this though, just dumb maths for dumber readers.

Fair enough, apologies. I’ve got him on ignore so don’t see his posts.

i doubt 70m would be enough to buy the club anyway. however, there is now a starting price out there for anyone interested, so the cynic in me thinks this may be a bit of CM skullduggery at work.

Nixon has been pulled up several times already this season for made up shite. Don’t see this being any different

There are definitely interested buyers circling.

Whether they sell or not is another matter.
We all know now how transparent Donald is. No doubt he'll update the fans on anything. Regardless of what division we're in next season, I get the feeling it won't be a quiet summer for us.

Back