The Sun - Sunderland owner Donald turns down shock £70m bid

It’s nice to have owners like the ones we have but I’ll be honest if someone comes in similar to the wolves lot and replicates what they’ve done (maybe without the dodgy agent carry on) I’d be all for it. Either that or follow a Bournemouth model and build a young team albeit expensive one but one where’s going to be profit selling players on but in the mean time they have the quality to compete.

It’s nice to have owners like the ones we have but I’ll be honest if someone comes in similar to the wolves lot and replicates what they’ve done (maybe without the dodgy agent carry on) I’d be all for it. Either that or follow a Bournemouth model and build a young team albeit expensive one but one where’s going to be profit selling players on but in the mean time they have the quality to compete.
I tell you what pal, I’d be all for it if someone like abramovich or the city Arabs took us over, spent billions and got us winning trophies.

Just looked through this thread and I've seen Stewart Donald got no money ? Yet according to the Sun he's turned down 70million :rolleyes: Then I've read "well the sun are normally right ? Yet according to that shitbag Nixon Short wasn't going to sell the club, then 2 minutes later Steward Donald popped up and bought the club..:lol:

Nixon is a known mag and is clearly trying to upset the apple cart. He's hoping his lies will upset the fans and put pressure on the club. I've no doubt SD will sell the club at some point but I'm sure this will be at the right time and now isn't the right time..
More made up bull shit from the current bun.

Stewy would have normally dismissed this by now like.
He has

Last edited:
No one is bidding 70m for a league one club without doing any due diligence. So unless they've been in and had a look this is so obviously untrue.

No one is bidding 70m for a league one club without doing any due diligence. So unless they've been in and had a look this is so obviously untrue.

Aye this will be untrue, you get a sense that something is going on, putting the feelers out for investment

If they werent up for selling then dont think there would be any stories for example

Aye this will be untrue, you get a sense that something is going on, putting the feelers out for investment

If they werent up for selling then dont think there would be any stories for example
He said on the latest podcast there'd been interest and that those that had expressed and interest wouldn't have been able to take the club further or be able to do anything he hasn't already.

Back