The Sun - Sunderland owner Donald turns down shock £70m bid

Well according to a current player we have the owners haven’t got as much money as we think, if we don’t go up apparently they will be forced to sell up!

If anything it would be the other way round given what donald was saying on the podcast about our wage bill going up on promotion and a huge chunk of the transfer budget having to be spent on that rather than new signings.

I realise Donald is not a billionaire and could make a huge profit from us, but he could also make an ever bigger profit if he gets us challenging at the top of the Championship.

What is being offered now is probably the same as what he could get next year if we are still trying to get out of league One. If we are a good prospect now we will still be a good prospect then.

It makes zero sense to sell now as I think the value is most likely to rise rather than fall.

Sums up my thoughts

At least we feel like a club again

I was talking to me dad about this the other day. Distant foreign owners are no good. The novelty of the mysterious billionaire investor has worn off. And there is nowhere else to take it other than smart management and financial nous. Leicester proved this and won the league. They’re set up for years now as a strong mid table premier league side and don’t need to spend megabucks.

If for instance Cardiff had been taken over by Vincent Tan ten years earlier they’d have pissed promotion won the premier league and had many European adventures before eventual financial ruin.

I realise Donald is not a billionaire and could make a huge profit from us, but he could also make an ever bigger profit if he gets us challenging at the top of the Championship.

What is being offered now is probably the same as what he could get next year if we are still trying to get out of league One. If we are a good prospect now we will still be a good prospect then.

It makes zero sense to sell now as I think the value is most likely to rise rather than fall.
Couldn't agree more.

Not sure what to think, when we do eventually get back to the premier league we are only making up the numbers anyway, even-though it is the place to be. SD clearly hasn’t got the funds long-term but the thought of getting a clueless crank as owner terrify me. SD sounded almost scared of promotion in his latest podcast, but in equal measure suggested a club our size always has to strive to be close to the top 6 in the championship.
4 massive games coming up, my gut feeling is we will stay down and we need to make sure we get it right next season.

Nixon is desperate for this to happen despite SD claiming no talks have taken place, the Geordie nob gobbler has all the details of the talks and instalment amounts.

Bout time SD sues or bans this cartoon publication from Sunlun, shit stirring wankers.
Journalists like Nixon clearly hate Donald. In the past they had the easiest of jobs: just make up endless unsubstantiated shite which no one could disprove.

Now the Chairman speaks directly to the fans cutting out the middleman.

And Nixon is the middleman. His cheap jibe about selling to take over at Oxford shows how fuming he is by all this.

Donald has called out his bollocks several times recently. Yet still he persists.

Back