The Sun - Sunderland owner Donald turns down shock £70m bid

Just a thought but what if any sale before a certain time limit would bring the owings to Short back into play? He did these lads a favour and that favour does not take in a third party. I could be a bit naïve I suppose...

From what I can tell about Nixon, he is used by his sources to put out misinformation. For example, Wigan use him to alert clubs that their players are on the market. It wouldn't surprise me if Donald is putting out the message he's willing to sell for a high offer, I'm sure he's not averse to making a profit.

From what I can tell about Nixon, he is used by his sources to put out misinformation. For example, Wigan use him to alert clubs that their players are on the market. It wouldn't surprise me if Donald is putting out the message he's willing to sell for a high offer, I'm sure he's not averse to making a profit.
Donald hates the Sun.

He had to sue them earlier this year for printing made up shit about his ex wife and new partner.

That article sounds like bullshit bluffing in it's entirety.

He goes on to say that we're in talks with a betting company for the naming rights for the SoL when it's been clearly stated we aren't by both SD and CM.

Can definitely see him selling and buying Oxford for a rock bottom price. This will enable him to own his beloved club and live at home...cant blame him.

Well according to a current player we have the owners haven’t got as much money as we think, if we don’t go up apparently they will be forced to sell up!
I wouldn’t be too confident of even what a players says to be honest. His big job in the last year was cutting costs, that includes trying to bring the wage bill right down & paying new players as little as possible. He made a comment on the podcast about Jack Ross asking if he could actually afford Grigg. He said he was surprised that even the manager underestimated his wealth.

Now I’m not saying he’s rich & can afford a Champonship transfer kitty, but if I was going to go around & tell people how tight things were, I’d be telling one set of people first, the players who want as much money as possible.

I wouldn’t be too confident of even what a players says to be honest. His big job in the last year was cutting costs, that includes trying to bring the wage bill right down & paying new players as little as possible. He made a comment on the podcast about Jack Ross asking if he could actually afford Grigg. He said he was surprised that even the manager underestimated his wealth.

Now I’m not saying he’s rich & can afford a Champonship transfer kitty, but if I was going to go around & tell people how tight things were, I’d be telling one set of people first, the players who want as much money as possible.

How thehell would a player kna about the financial ins & outs of our owners

surely short being the shrewd businessman he is wouldn't allow this to happen ? he wouldn't just wipe all the debts out, sell it for peanuts, and allow them to resell it on within 12 months for a massive profit !
short would know that if we had a decent season in League 1, the crowds would come back in their droves, and we would again be a viable asset to sell
I wouldn't be surprised if he put a time limit clause in, to stop them making a quick buck

Back