The Sun - Sunderland owner Donald turns down shock £70m bid

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn’t be too confident of even what a players says to be honest. His big job in the last year was cutting costs, that includes trying to bring the wage bill right down & paying new players as little as possible. He made a comment on the podcast about Jack Ross asking if he could actually afford Grigg. He said he was surprised that even the manager underestimated his wealth.

Now I’m not saying he’s rich & can afford a Champonship transfer kitty, but if I was going to go around & tell people how tight things were, I’d be telling one set of people first, the players who want as much money as possible.

Absolutely - we're constantly telling staff how badly the business is doing and that costs are getting out of hand, if we didn't - they soon would be. Only an idiot brags about their profitability to their largest cost item!

Well according to a current player we have the owners haven’t got as much money as we think, if we don’t go up apparently they will be forced to sell up!
From what I read the other day from one of Stewart Podcasts, he stated that if we were 'promoted', we would go into the the Red, due to promotion clauses in players contracts. This is before we even sign anyone. This would, to me kind of contradict what you've heard:cool:

I wouldn’t be too confident of even what a players says to be honest. His big job in the last year was cutting costs, that includes trying to bring the wage bill right down & paying new players as little as possible. He made a comment on the podcast about Jack Ross asking if he could actually afford Grigg. He said he was surprised that even the manager underestimated his wealth.

Now I’m not saying he’s rich & can afford a Champonship transfer kitty, but if I was going to go around & tell people how tight things were, I’d be telling one set of people first, the players who want as much money as possible.
Just saying what the player has said in the past few weeks to us! Said the owners are great people but are great at spinning things in a good light! Says if we don’t go up we are in trouble and they will have to sell, hopefully he is wrong but just saying what he’s said to us!

Just saying what the player has said in the past few weeks to us! Said the owners are great people but are great at spinning things in a good light! Says if we don’t go up we are in trouble and they will have to sell, hopefully he is wrong but just saying what he’s said to us!

Why will not going up put us in trouble?

no chance Donald will be here very long, I think everyone knows this deep down

Neverthought they were in it for the long term personally

Isuspect this particular story is bull shit mind

Last edited:
No, but I do have connections to him, he needs an operation but Ross is hoping he can manage it until end of the season! Having injections in his glute

No idea that’s all he said tbh that we’re fucked if we don’t go up!

Can't see any logic in that at all there's is not going to be any great uplift in income going into the championship, gate receipts, advertising and sponsorships might go up a little but nothing in the scheme of things

Got to love the rumours - last week the club was in trouble if promotion was achieved due to wage rises kicking in, this week its promotion or bust.

Looks like a no win situation.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back