The Rock/Metal thread......

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: Never had 'em down as your cuppa tea mind. Saw them at the City Hall in about 2003. Loud. Too loud in fact. Lemmy was fuckin' huge, dressed all in black save for his shining white cowboy boots, looking as me mate put it at the time "slicker than a donkey's tail". :lol:

Pleased I'd seen them but once was enough to be honest.
Was that the tour with Anthrax supporting? I was at the Glasgow leg of that tour, Lemmy was complaining that the sound wasn't loud enough!

Anyone listened to Vektor before? Their last record got a lot of praise as being one of the best of the year so I'm gonna check it out later.

:lol: Never had 'em down as your cuppa tea mind. Saw them at the City Hall in about 2003. Loud. Too loud in fact. Lemmy was fuckin' huge, dressed all in black save for his shining white cowboy boots, looking as me mate put it at the time "slicker than a donkey's tail". :lol:

Pleased I'd seen them but once was enough to be honest.

I've a canny eclectic taste mate!!!

Two biggest regrets are them and not seeing Prince in 2007 in his O2 stint

Aye I wish I'd seen the little fella like. Was one of them where I thought there'd be other opportunities.

Was that the tour with Anthrax supporting? I was at the Glasgow leg of that tour, Lemmy was complaining that the sound wasn't loud enough!
I'm not sure to be honest - I rarely bother with support bands, and I'll have had zero interest in Anthrax. Leave bands like that to the longhairs like @Sneech. (Mind I had long hair at the time :lol:)

Anyone listened to Vektor before? Their last record got a lot of praise as being one of the best of the year so I'm gonna check it out later.
A lot of people raving about it but does nothing for me have tried going back to it a few times, only the singer left now the rest of the band quit the other week.

Aye I wish I'd seen the little fella like. Was one of them where I thought there'd be other opportunities.

I'm not sure to be honest - I rarely bother with support bands, and I'll have had zero interest in Anthrax. Leave bands like that to the longhairs like @Sneech. (Mind I had long hair at the time :lol:)

:lol:

Fancy gannin? I'll be on me own

Love it
One of the most diverse genre's in music

Listening to Cry of Love & Children of Bodom here. Both completely different but excellent all the same!

Saw these at Donington Monsters Of Rock years ago but haven't thought about them much since. Just checked them out on YouTube and it's actually pretty decent stuff! Tempted to buy the Brother album from Amazon.

I've just read a load of smelly "I only listen to METAL" types having a total hissy fit over Metallica playing with Lady Gaga at the Grammies tonight. What's everyone else's view on this?

I'm not against it, but I don't hate every pop singer just because they are pop singers. I don't particularly like Gaga's music but she's clearly both a very good singer and a very good performer. And anything that widens people's exposure to hard rock is always a good thing. It's not like Metallica are a hardcore, underground, "stick to our principles" band either!

I've just read a load of smelly "I only listen to METAL" types having a total hissy fit over Metallica playing with Lady Gaga at the Grammies tonight. What's everyone else's view on this?

I'm not against it, but I don't hate every pop singer just because they are pop singers. I don't particularly like Gaga's music but she's clearly both a very good singer and a very good performer. And anything that widens people's exposure to hard rock is always a good thing. It's not like Metallica are a hardcore, underground, "stick to our principles" band either!
Lady Gaga is cool, and Metallica are mainstream - and have been for decades. Plus she's either a fan of, or at least respects metal. Not that it really matters anyway, it's just 'elitists' twisting over nowt.

Lady Gaga said the other day Metallica are currently playing 'better than ever'....no they're not, Lady, nowhere near their best. She needs to go and watch the Seattle 89 show!

Lady Gaga said the other day Metallica are currently playing 'better than ever'....no they're not, Lady, nowhere near their best. She needs to go and watch the Seattle 89 show!
She's not gonna come out say they're past their best is she!
Lady Gaga is cool, and Metallica are mainstream - and have been for decades. Plus she's either a fan of, or at least respects metal. Not that it really matters anyway, it's just 'elitists' twisting over nowt.
She's a fan, she was at a Iron Maiden show a year ago...

Love Gaga me. Some of the lads on the KISS website were moaning about her saying if she likes metal she should sound metal.:lol: Her main boyfriend was a rocker like.
Ke$ha loves The Stooges as well I believe but just because they love rock music doesn't necessarily mean that their writing and/or performing strengths are in that style of music. In any career you should play to your strengths! The charts need more artists like them, they write their own stuff, play instruments and perform well! Rather that than One Direction and the like!

rumours of a new priest album as well as a 3-CD version of Turbo coming out :cool:
Isnt Turbo supposedly the weakest release from their halcyon days ?

A lot of clothes shop have seemed to start stocking up t shirts etc with band logos on etc because a few celebrities were caught wearing them. I bought a pushead Metallica t shirt at h and m the other week for example so I welcome it because it's easier buying shirts like that . Unfortunately this also means people bump the prices up. On ebay the other week there was a RTL shirt that was titled 'Metallica shirt worn by kanye West' for £50:lol::lol::lol:

Primark always stock them but was surprised to see Slayer ones on the shelves in Newcastle the other day

I'll forever now regret not seeing them a few years ago. He's a God in my eyes.

Saw Motorhead on both the Overkill and Bomber tours. Never the same after Eddie and Philphy IMO and though their final line up were good.

Yep agree , wish I'd seen Prince too.

Love Gaga me. Some of the lads on the KISS website were moaning about her saying if she likes metal she should sound metal.:lol: Her main boyfriend was a rocker like.

Paul Stanley's autobiography has a photo in featuring him with Gaga, shes abig Kiss fan. She has openly admitted she likes rock and it shows, particularly in her Born this Way album which features Brian May on lead guitar on the Mutt produced Leopard style "You and I" plus the song Heavy Metal Lover !
Gagas influences are so wide ranging. She did that jazz duet album with Tony Bennett and her latest features a couple of tunes that sound like The Killers. It wouldn't surprise me if she did a full on rock at some point in her career.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back