The Rock/Metal thread......

The Distillers!
I'm not massive on female fronted rock and metal bands. Female voices work best in indie-pop type stuff for me - Neko Case, Laura Veirs, Haim, Ladyhawke etc.

I do quite like female fronted punk and/or ska type bands like (early) No Doubt, Fabulous Disaster, Dance Hall Crashers, The Donnas, The Distillers.

I'm guessing Against Me don't count :lol:
I forgot all about the Distillers, Brodys voice is awesome.. I also have a couple of The Donnas albums, love their cover of Strutter.

Just got our tickets for Katatonia in April (Edmonton, Canada)...one of the last remainingbands on the old bucket list there.
Absolutely one of my favourite bands from recent years. Just got the 4CD edition last week of the Great Cold Distance. Can`t wait to see them in Leeds in May.

Which female fronted bands do you chaps like?
Arch Enemy
Within temptation
Nightwish
Battle beast
The Marmozets
Cerebral bore
Lacuna coil
Are a few of the ones I like...
try also Delain, Epica and Beyond The Black.

Anthrax last night were cracking. 9/10
Brilliant show. Was watching from a safe distance on the balcony after taking my photos. It looked brutal in the mosh pit. Interviewed Joey Belladonna before the show too. he was a really nice bloke too.

Love it
One of the most diverse genre's in music

Listening to Cry of Love & Children of Bodom here. Both completely different but excellent all the same!
were they the ones from about 20 years or so ago that sounded a bit like Free??

:lol:

I'd say Roses were generally regarded as a hard rock/heavy metal, personally I'd add in a bit of a Dolls style glam streak too.

I've only ever listened to Appetite and Lies though.
Unfortunately to the outside world everything we listen to is tagged as Metal whether we like it or not. I`ve heard people call Zeppelin and Hendrix metal, Toto and Journey Metal and to them it`s all Metal and they make no distinction between Hard Rock, metal Thrash or anything else.

Last edited:
Got Tygers of Pan Tang on at the moment. Some canny songs from them back in the day.

Back