The Rock/Metal thread......

Isnt Turbo supposedly the weakest release from their halcyon days ?

Primark always stock them but was surprised to see Slayer ones on the shelves in Newcastle the other day

Saw Motorhead on both the Overkill and Bomber tours. Never the same after Eddie and Philphy IMO and though their final line up were good.

Yep agree , wish I'd seen Prince too.

Paul Stanley's autobiography has a photo in featuring him with Gaga, shes abig Kiss fan. She has openly admitted she likes rock and it shows, particularly in her Born this Way album which features Brian May on lead guitar on the Mutt produced Leopard style "You and I" plus the song Heavy Metal Lover !
Gagas influences are so wide ranging. She did that jazz duet album with Tony Bennett and her latest features a couple of tunes that sound like The Killers. It wouldn't surprise me if she did a full on rock at some point in her career.
She's performing with Metallica isn't she tonight? Not a fan but hopefully it'll sound class

There was a Metallica social media post the other day simply saying "Monday" and apparently they're playing Europe in the autumn. Fingers crossed for a full UK tour announcement shortly, rather than a couple of Wembley/London dates.

Last edited:
Isnt Turbo supposedly the weakest release from their halcyon days ?

Primark always stock them but was surprised to see Slayer ones on the shelves in Newcastle the other day

Saw Motorhead on both the Overkill and Bomber tours. Never the same after Eddie and Philphy IMO and though their final line up were good.

Yep agree , wish I'd seen Prince too.

Paul Stanley's autobiography has a photo in featuring him with Gaga, shes abig Kiss fan. She has openly admitted she likes rock and it shows, particularly in her Born this Way album which features Brian May on lead guitar on the Mutt produced Leopard style "You and I" plus the song Heavy Metal Lover !
Gagas influences are so wide ranging. She did that jazz duet album with Tony Bennett and her latest features a couple of tunes that sound like The Killers. It wouldn't surprise me if she did a full on rock at some point in her career.
She's one of the very few "pop" performers I like, the lass writes and performs all her own stuff so shes ok by me! Her super bowl show was great!

Apparently his mic cable was accidentally pulled out just before they started to play. I'd have really liked to hear what they sounded like together beyond the few bits we got.

Gaga is bang into it like! Those backing dancers are awful though.

Last edited:

Apparently his mic cable was accidentally pulled out just before they started to play. I'd have really liked to hear what they sounded like together beyond the few bits we got.

Gaga is bang into it like! Those backing dancers are awful though.
Loved her before love her even more now. Would deffo buy an album of her with them, she's a much better singer than ole James :lol:
She looks lush there too

Which female fronted bands do you chaps like?
Arch Enemy
Within temptation
Nightwish
Battle beast
The Marmozets
Cerebral bore
Lacuna coil
Are a few of the ones I like...
I'm not massive on female fronted rock and metal bands. Female voices work best in indie-pop type stuff for me - Neko Case, Laura Veirs, Haim, Ladyhawke etc.

I do quite like female fronted punk and/or ska type bands like (early) No Doubt, Fabulous Disaster, Dance Hall Crashers, The Donnas, The Distillers.

I'm guessing Against Me don't count :lol:

Last edited:

Back