The Red Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have had some shocking refs down through the years but Probert's performance is probably the worst.

I wouldnt say he was a cheat but like a lot of officials this season he came to the SOL with an agenda to prove he wasnt a 'homer' which is just about akin to cheating.

Not sure what the club can do about it but it is a disgrace how our club is being treated.

We have had some shocking refs down through the years but Probert's performance is probably the worst.

I wouldnt say he was a cheat but like a lot of officials this season he came to the SOL with an agenda to prove he wasnt a 'homer' which is just about akin to cheating.

Not sure what the club can do about it but it is a disgrace how our club is being treated.

Why did the 'big' or home teams get the decisions when we were in the Premier but now we're the big or home team the decisions go against us?

But in League One the decisions go against the big clubs.

Righto :lol:
There is a lot more media interest in the premier league with the 'big' clubs. Most of the pundits are from the 'big' clubs. A ref has to be very brave to give a big decision against them.

Not as straightforward as you are trying to make out smartarse.

It was right infront of me and I seen exactly what happened as I watched the incident in its entirety.

Maguire stumbled over their player and stood on his face after the ref gave a foul against him and the ball had been cleared. He could’ve avoided him if he tried, it was deliberate action IMO. Deserved to go and his own reaction (running straight to the half way line) spoke volumes.

Running back in to position :D

There is a lot more media interest in the premier league with the 'big' clubs. Most of the pundits are from the 'big' clubs. A ref has to be very brave to give a big decision against them.

Not as straightforward as you are trying to make out smartarse.

:lol: Take your red and white specs off man.

It was right infront of me and I seen exactly what happened as I watched the incident in its entirety.

Maguire stumbled over their player and stood on his face after the ref gave a foul against him and the ball had been cleared. He could’ve avoided him if he tried, it was deliberate action IMO. Deserved to go and his own reaction (running straight to the half way line) spoke volumes.

This.
Where I was sitting, that is what it looked like to me too.

sorry it was a great referring performance.

what a great level of debate you have...should i put a smilie on for you?

A nice attempt at patronising, but ultimately a failure.

You think the refs were against us in the Premier, you think the refs are against us in League One. We get it. Your original post was embarrassing and there's no other way to look at it.

Whether contact was made or not, unless there is clear evidence that Maguire didn’t stand on him then it will stand. If that is the refs report of the incident then they aren’t going to rescind it based on he said she said.

As mentioned in another thread, it was unusual to see Probert show Maguire the red card from a distance of about 20 metres. Normally the ref and player would be together when a red card is shown.

Did anyone see Probert during the warm up? He came over the the East Stand on the halfway line having spotted a middle-aged couple in the crowd. He climed over the hoardings, gave hugs and kisses to the couple and chatted with them for a good 10 mins whilst his linesmen completed their warm up.

Now, this could have had nothing to do with his performance, but he could have been showing off to a potential threesome he'd met off the internet and therefore, in the excitement of what was to follow, got distracted and his judgement was off.

Just a theory

Anthony Taylor was just as bad in the Everton v Bournemouth game on Sunday..Lost the game at 20 minutes in and never recovers....Both Keen and Gomez should have been given straight reds for some of the tackles and snidey off the ball incidents and also for defenders going over the back of the Bournemouth CF at least 8 -10 times during the game,the same as happened to Wyke against Luton ,without any free kicks being award for this.. One of the worst EPL performances from Taylor but with no chance of him being sidelined or demoted or removed.....Until Referees are made to come and answer for their decisions after a game to team Managers, Coaches and the media, nothing will change regarding the poor refereeing we see week in week out in all leagues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back