The Red Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anthony Taylor was just as bad in the Everton v Bournemouth game on Sunday..Lost the game at 20 minutes in and never recovers....Both Keen and Gomez should have been given straight reds for some of the tackles and snidey off the ball incidents and also for defenders going over the back of the Bournemouth CF at least 8 -10 times during the game,the same as happened to Wyke against Luton ,without any free kicks being award for this.. One of the worst EPL performances from Taylor but with no chance of him being sidelined or demoted or removed.....Until Referees are made to come and answer for their decisions after a game to team Managers, Coaches and the media, nothing will change regarding the poor refereeing we see week in week out in all leagues.
Dont disagree mate.

Like us all referees make mistakes. Of course not happy but no issue if its a genuine mistake and the ref recognises that.

However, what we have seen at Sunderland this season imho is refs coming with an agenda to prove they are not a 'homer' particularly with our big crowds in this division. I can only think that with some of the bad decisions the referee made on Saturday as there was no logic to them other than he was a cheat (and I wouldnt like to think that).

Dont disagree mate.

Like us all referees make mistakes. Of course not happy but no issue if its a genuine mistake and the ref recognises that.

However, what we have seen at Sunderland this season imho is refs coming with an agenda to prove they are not a 'homer' particularly with our big crowds in this division. I can only think that with some of the bad decisions the referee made on Saturday as there was no logic to them other than he was a cheat (and I wouldnt like to think that).
I agree, I think it’s a subconscious thing for them.

A nice attempt at patronising, but ultimately a failure.

You think the refs were against us in the Premier, you think the refs are against us in League One. We get it. Your original post was embarrassing and there's no other way to look at it.
Because someone doesnt agree with you they have red n white glasses. I dont mind having debate but you set the level with your patronising. I think you are a bit simple so just leave it there eh?

I agree, I think it’s a subconscious thing for them.
Aye possibly. I think if I was an away manager I would be in the refs here about not letting a big crowd influence. They may not think it but as you say subconscious.

Last edited:
Because someone doesnt agree with you they have red n white glasses. I dont mind having debate but you set the level with your patronising. I think you are a bit simple so just leave it there eh?

Aye possibly. I think if I was an away manager I would be in the refs here about not letting a big crowd influence. They may not think it but as you say subconscious.

We don't have a smiley, friend of the ref, always making them laugh, get them onside player.

Yorke did that job for Keanes promotion team and Larsson did it in the premier league. We don't currently have one. It helps. Refs are only human

We don't have a smiley, friend of the ref, always making them laugh, get them onside player.

Yorke did that job for Keanes promotion team and Larsson did it in the premier league. We don't currently have one. It helps. Refs are only human
Larsson a smiley, friend of the ref??? :)

Dont disagree mate.

I dont think he is a cheat but I do think he is out of his depth in trying to officiate in sports activity.. I mean any sport. I noticed and I wasn't the only one around were we sit that when Probert came out at half time, after both sets of players were lining up, His deliberate slow walk with the ball held out in front of him to the centre circle......for me he is just a really, really poor official and has been since he arrived in the leagues.

I'm delighted it's overturned, but I'm astonished that the FA haven't backed the referee there. There's no decent camera angle of the incident, so I don't see how you can say the ref got it wrong. I've watched it over and over, and I haven't got a clue one way or the other.

Yes mate, a great place to leave it! You think that there is a conspiracy against Sunderland and have the arrogance to call someone else simple. Great stuff.

It's nothing to do with someone having red and white glasses because they disagree. It's a term that gets used when people say that the refs are cheats, that they were against us in the Premier because we were the smaller team and are against us in League One because we're the bigger team. It's used when someone says that 'it's a disgrace' how we're being treated. It's because they're biased, plain and simple.

I'll happily debate all day and night with people who disagree with me, without resorting to pettiness (and if you thought I was being patronising then I apologise). But if the other person starts with the insults, it's probably fair to expect a little bit in return.

'Smartarse.'

Last edited:
Have we found out if the pelanty was for a foul or handball yet.
I watched it in slow motion a couple times on a recording of Quest & I could see no hand ball. If it was for a foul by Baldwin, then it was really stretching a point. Talking of which, bonus point to thoo for pelanty. It's nice that some people take the time & effort to get these things reet....

Yes mate, a great place to leave it! You think that there is a conspiracy against Sunderland and have the arrogance to call someone else simple. Great stuff.

It's nothing to do with someone having red and white glasses because they disagree. It's a term that gets used when people say that the refs are cheats, that they were against us in the Premier because we were the smaller team and are against us in League One because we're the bigger team. It's used when someone says that 'it's a disgrace' how we're being treated. It's because they're biased, plain and simple.

I'll happily debate all day and night with people who disagree with me, without resorting to pettiness (and if you thought I was being patronising then I apologise). But if the other person starts with the insults, it's probably fair to expect a little bit in return.

'Smartarse.'
Well it appears my re and white spectacles were right all along Maguire red card overturned

I apologise over my smartarse comment.

Against the big teams by any chance? ;)

Not always. Plenty of bad decisions against the big teams (Andy Cole blatant handball, then Mickey Gray sent off for protesting- Man U), Mcallisters dive for Liverpool 2 yards outside the area and penalty given, Solksjaer falling over a divot at SOL in 88th minute and Man U equalising from the free kick).

But even against smaller teams like Villa when their centre half and goalie collided with each other and Danny Collins scored with a free header only for it to be given as a foul.

Just a few examples there fella.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back