The Red Card?

I've seen it back and still can't fathom out when the boy elbows our centre half but had presumed that he must have if the ref had sent him off. I seen the other elbow at the time and thought that was clearer.

I was directly in line with their red and was going nuts straight away over it. The replay I saw shows next to nowt though, but it was a clear arm / elbow across his face.

The 2nd one was even more blatant and yet the referee only gave a yellow :lol:

Well it appears my re and white spectacles were right all along Maguire red card overturned

I apologise over my smartarse comment.

No worries mate. Think maybe we both said things which we shouldn't have.

It's not just about Maguire, we're talking a lot more generally.

Not always. Plenty of bad decisions against the big teams (Andy Cole blatant handball, then Mickey Gray sent off for protesting- Man U), Mcallisters dive for Liverpool 2 yards outside the area and penalty given, Solksjaer falling over a divot at SOL in 88th minute and Man U equalising from the free kick).

But even against smaller teams like Villa when their centre half and goalie collided with each other and Danny Collins scored with a free header only for it to be given as a foul.

Just a few examples there fella.

Yep, but on the flip side, fans of the opposition will see things another way. Even Saturday, they wanted a foul in the build up to our goal, Flanagan could have been sent off for a second yellow. Their centre back thought he was elbowed in the second half. All that said, the ref was definitely poor.

Ask Bradford fans what they thought of Boxing Day as another example...

I was directly in line with their red and was going nuts straight away over it. The replay I saw shows next to nowt though, but it was a clear arm / elbow across his face.

The 2nd one was even more blatant and yet the referee only gave a yellow :lol:

Yep. Anyone who got a clear view of their red card will be in no doubt it was merited.

Last edited:
It was right infront of me and I seen exactly what happened as I watched the incident in its entirety.

Maguire stumbled over their player and stood on his face after the ref gave a foul against him and the ball had been cleared. He could’ve avoided him if he tried, it was deliberate action IMO. Deserved to go and his own reaction (running straight to the half way line) spoke volumes.
Specsavers for you

I was sat looking right at it, he didn't stamp on him. He did leave his foot in but it was more of a lean into the player laid on the floor as he went past. He was a f***ing idiot for doing it as he was trying as usual to wind up the opposition but this time gave the ref a decision to make and got sent off for it. From the angle I was watching he doesn't deserve it to be rescinded, he left his foot in when there was absolutely no need

Classic smiler :lol:

Ignoring from the fact he was using him as a treadmill, aye :lol:

;)

The problem is if we get yet another overturned we could have a case for saying we are being unfairly targetted which the FA won't want.

Spot on mate.

It was a red card. We need to move on and forget about it.

:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
Classic smiler :lol:

;)

Spot on mate.

:lol::lol::lol:

I was right though, he did exactly what I said. He leaned into him leading with his foot. It was right in front of me and I had a better view than the TV and the ref. He didn't need to do what he did and gave the ref and lino a decision to make, whether the ref was right or wrong doesn't hide the fact the stupid git should never have done what he did.

I was right though, he did exactly what I said. He leaned into him leading with his foot. It was right in front of me and I had a better view than the TV and the ref. He didn't need to do what he did and gave the ref and lino a decision to make, whether the ref was right or wrong doesn't hide the fact the stupid git should never have done what he did.

The ref was wrong though, it wasn't a red card. All he was doing was challenging for the ball, which he was entitled to do.

To be fair I said it wasn't a red, just that I didn't think they would overturn it. ;)

I agree with you mate, I think we have an argument that we are being unfairly treated, possibly due to referees being assessed on their ability to handle big crowds/not feign to crowd pressure.

Last edited:
The ref was wrong though, it wasn't a red card. All he was doing was challenging for the ball, which he was entitled to do.

I agree with you mate, I think we have an argument that we are being unfairly treated, possibly due to referees being assessed on their ability to handle big crowds/not feign to crowd pressure.

If you watched it from my angle the ball wasn't there to be won when he put his final little niggley challenge in. He was being his usually workie ticket leaning into a player with no intention of getting the ball which rightly or wrongly got him sent off. It was idiotic and if he hadn't done it the ref wouldn't have had the decision to make

If you watched it from my angle the ball wasn't there to be won when he put his final little niggley challenge in. He was being his usually workie ticket leaning into a player with no intention of getting the ball which rightly or wrongly got him sent off. It was idiotic and if he hadn't done it the ref wouldn't have had the decision to make

So what? You're saying this as if it's a bad thing. Leaning into a player doesn't warrant a red card. It wasn't idiotic at all, he was incorrectly given a red card.

I'm delighted it's overturned, but I'm astonished that the FA haven't backed the referee there. There's no decent camera angle of the incident, so I don't see how you can say the ref got it wrong. I've watched it over and over, and I haven't got a clue one way or the other.
Even the FA could not back a kernt like Probert

Good job the knacker gave a red then as a yellow would have meant a ban as he was on one already ;)

Plus Luton will miss Hilton for 3 league games i think as cup last night counted for one.

Back