The Red Card?

Only seen it once and thought it was a clear red

Did he not stamp on the player then?
The lines man could not have seen it properly nor Probert so unless both officials are 100% certain there was a clear stamp from McGuire there was no action they officials could take... My view of it and a few around us was that Probert and the lino guessed what they thought had happened and took the wrong course of action. None of the Luton players reacted and from where we sit it was clear from our seats in the North Stand, couldn't see any stamp by McGuire. Bearing in mind that from the 2nd Minute, Probert showed how he was going to referee the game and missed dozens of clear cut fouls and infringements . The penalty was just another cock up from one of the worst, if not the worst referees to visit the current ground. You can see how he is not fit to ref in the EPL or Championship.

It looked a definite (albeit soft) penalty.

how can a penalty be definite and soft at the same time?

it wasn't a penalty, it was an attempted block and the boy only went over when he realised his shot wasn't likely to beat the man in front of him or the keeper. He didn't even appeal for it himself. I'm behind the goal in the roker end and due to the lack of appeals i thought the ref had (hastily) stopped play for an injury.

neither red cards were warranted either.

it wasn't a penalty, it was an attempted block and the boy only went over when he realised his shot wasn't likely to beat the man in front of him or the keeper. He didn't even appeal for it himself. I'm behind the goal in the roker end and due to the lack of appeals i thought the ref had (hastily) stopped play for an injury.

Agreed mate.

Luton aren't appealing theirs..

Looked like a tangle to me..

Same. I'm surprised they're not appealing.

Watch it again and you’ll see what I mean.

First time I have seen the replay and there was very little to it. Luton players made that decision by the looks of it as ref didn’t appear interested at first.

Also struck me at the game how far the referee was away from Maguire when he brandished the red. I don’t think I have ever seen that before when virtually nobody knew who the red was for. Probert is lazy as well as incompetent.

From the replays I’ve seen I don’t think either red was clear cut and still don’t think it’s a pen. Probably won’t get overturned on that evidence though.

I’d like to see a replay of the other elbow on Baldwin which looked far worse and deliberate yet only saw a yellow.

Back