The Red Card?

That shouldn’t be our problem though, will be pretty wounded if it ain’t rescinded as I can’t for the life of me see what it was given for from the camera angle. The officials are destroying games of football.

Really? I understand people maybe not thinking it was a red, but that comment seems a bit off.

I can remember a game when Winter came out with his own set of cones and was doing shuttles, what a clip!

Best one was Uriah Rennie getting a standing ovation the week after he sent Shearer off v Villa!! He was a human referee!!

As for Probert. He had the players as frustrated as us, neither wonder there were niggles. I don’t think Maguire stamped on the lad but he left his foot in ‘a little’!

I was there and done it. very surreal and funny :lol:

Blatant elbow, was a cowardly ‘challenge’ from the shithouse. They were lucky their other forward didn’t get a red as well not long after.

I've seen it back and still can't fathom out when the boy elbows our centre half but had presumed that he must have if the ref had sent him off. I seen the other elbow at the time and thought that was clearer.

I've seen it back and still can't fathom out when the boy elbows our centre half but had presumed that he must have if the ref had sent him off. I seen the other elbow at the time and thought that was clearer.

The first one was more like a swinging arm, forearm smash. Definite red and it was obvious he was going the second he did it. I don't think the cameras saw it very well.

The second one was a standard elbow and should also have been red.

Really? I understand people maybe not thinking it was a red, but that comment seems a bit off.
Yep I watch it over and over and not sure what I’m supposed to be looking for.

Yeah I was surprised Hylton went, I think the obvious red card offence was by Collins who earlier equalised.

I thought we'd lose the last appeal, and we ended up winning.

that being said, my biggest problem with us appealing this one is that we only have one camera angle, which is pretty inconclusive. In that situation I would expect the FA to give the benefit to the referee. If the referee thinks he's seen a red card offence, and the footage doesn't indicate one way or the other, how could they decide against the referee?
They should automatically rescind just because it was Probert.

Just watched it several times over, it’s virtually impossible to tell if he has actually stamped. What’s most ominous in the video is the referee looks clueless and had given the red courtesy of Luton players going on at him. Think it’ll be rescinded.

Just watched it several times over, it’s virtually impossible to tell if he has actually stamped. What’s most ominous in the video is the referee looks clueless and had given the red courtesy of Luton players going on at him. Think it’ll be rescinded.

It might be. The reaction of the players gave it away a bit; they went crazy and Maguire couldn't get away quick enough.

My view of it was he left his foot in so he stamped on him. Thought it was a red as soon as he did it.

It must have been the smallest stamp in the world because he didn't raise his knee at all.

IMO Maguire bundled him over and as players do their player grabbed hold of the ball. The ball was up towards his chest and even though the whistle had gone Maguire couldn't resist have a daft kick at it through frustration. Their players reacted as though he'd kicked him in the face which was never the case. Their players were in Probert's face all game. The ref completely overreacted and sent him off when a booking was more than sufficient for a petulant act.

It was right infront of me and I seen exactly what happened as I watched the incident in its entirety.

Maguire stumbled over their player and stood on his face after the ref gave a foul against him and the ball had been cleared. He could’ve avoided him if he tried, it was deliberate action IMO. Deserved to go and his own reaction (running straight to the half way line) spoke volumes.

I'd have booked their player for hand ball tbf. Hate seeing players fall over and grab the ball so the ref has to stop play and they always give a freekick to the player who's deliberately stopped play.

Back