The Mags have beaten us again

Again,

When we finished 10th, at the end of the season, did we have a mass protest because it wasn’t good enough?

Take your time.

I've already said you didn't. It was November the following season.

Now, maybe you can answer this. Make sure you have all your facts handy.
After the season when we finished 10th, when did we have this protest against Pardew?

I've already said you didn't. It was November the following season.

Now, maybe you can answer this. Make sure you have all your facts handy.
After the season when we finished 10th, when did we have this protest against Pardew?

Final home game against Cardiff. 13/14 season iirc. In 10th place.

69 minutes, mass walk out. Then came banner....... “This freakshow is not where NUFC is about”

Football: Newcastle fans planning mass walkout after 69 minutes

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes.
He got you into 10th place in 10/11, you wanted him sacked in November of 11/12
"Get out of our club you fat geordie bastad".
He got you 10th and you wanted him sacked. Pretty clear.

We didn't want him out because we thought we were better than that. He managed 10th due to winning the last game and everyone else f***ing up, we were pretty lucky to get that finish (tho I guess 10th is 10th over a season). He was on a downward spiral and losing the plot quickly here and we needed a change.

Just trying to be as good as possible, showing ambition, being more dynamic when it comes to transfer dealings.
Everything in the way the club operates is done at a bare minimum. Always doing just enough to get by, and on two occasions it has backfired, and another two were very close, only surviving in game 37 one year and game 38 the next.
The one year in the PL under Ashley where he gave McClaren £80m to spend we were in the bottom 3 from August, yet didn't sack him until March. The writing was on the wall by November.
Top 6/7 are just not realistic though. Trying to find anyone who will spend 60/70m to move a club 5 or 6 places higher, will be very hard to find and an unrealistic expectation. I'm not saying he's been great, but the venom behind wanting him out, does seem a bit much.

Last edited:
Final home game against Cardiff. 13/14 season iirc. In 10th place.

69 minutes, mass walk out. Then came banner....... “This freakshow is not where NUFC is about”

Football: Newcastle fans planning mass walkout after 69 minutes

I did say make sure you had all your facts handy...
But you've missed a couple of things that are key details.
The context is crucial.
11/12 finished 5th.
12/13 finished 16th, safety only assured in the 37th game. Grounds for sacking right there.

Now here is the key bits that you haven't properly prepared your argument with.
Despite a disastrous 12/13 nearly getting relegated, there weren't major calls for his sacking. Then 13/14 started off ok, and we were up in 6th place for most of December. We won 5-1 against Stoke on boxing day.
Then over the next 18 games before the Cardiff game, we lost 14 times, failing to score in 13 of those 18.
It was a long losing run similar to the one which had seen us shit the bed in 12/13. The calls for him to be sacked had started 3 games prior to Cardiff at home. We were 9th after the Cardiff game and finished 10th after the final game against Liverpool away.

In isolation 10th place looks decent, but the 18 months that preceded it are why the fans wanted him gone.

We didn't want him out because we thought we were better than that. He managed 10th due to winning the last game and everyone else f***ing up, we were pretty lucky to get that finish (tho I guess 10th is 10th over a season). He was on a downward spiral and losing the plot quickly here and we needed a change.

I actually know that. Sunderlands form plummeted in the back end of 10/11. I'm just using that 10th place in isolation to counter the same argument used against Newcastle fans.
Context is very important as to why a fanbase reacts how it does.

Last edited:
Just trying to be as good as possible, showing ambition, being more dynamic when it comes to transfer dealings.
Everything in the way the club operates is done at a bare minimum. Always doing just enough to get by, and on two occasions it has backfired, and another two were very close, only surviving in game 37 one year and game 38 the next.
The one year in the PL under Ashley where he gave McClaren £80m to spend we were in the bottom 3 from August, yet didn't sack him until March. The writing was on the wall by November.
are you making big profits and not spending them as we were?

if not where is all the extra spending to come from?

are you making big profits and not spending them as we were?

if not where is all the extra spending to come from?

Yep pretty much. Which is why a major criticism levelled at Ashley is that he has said a few times Benitez can have every penny the club generates, yet that isn't the case.

I did say make sure you had all your facts handy...
But you've missed a couple of things that are key details.
The context is crucial.
11/12 finished 5th.
12/13 finished 16th, safety only assured in the 37th game. Grounds for sacking right there.

Now here is the key bits that you haven't properly prepared your argument with.
Despite a disastrous 12/13 nearly getting relegated, there weren't major calls for his sacking. Then 13/14 started off ok, and we were up in 6th place for most of December. We won 5-1 against Stoke on boxing day.
Then over the next 18 games before the Cardiff game, we lost 14 times, failing to score in 13 of those 18.
It was a long losing run similar to the one which had seen us shit the bed in 12/13. The calls for him to be sacked had started 3 games prior to Cardiff at home. We were 9th after the Cardiff game and finished 10th after the final game against Liverpool away.

In isolation 10th place looks decent, but the 18 months that preceded it are why the fans wanted him gone.

I actually know that. Sunderlands form plummeted in the back end of 10/11. I'm just using that 10th place in isolation to counter the same argument used against Newcastle fans.
Context is very important as to why a fanbase reacts how it does.

So we didn’t hound out Bruce for finishing 10th and you hounded out Pardew for finishing 10th?

That’s all i asked, two simple questions.

Ashley is a bit of a twat but he isn't the terrible owner they think he is

They will soon learn that its very hard to progress even with someone else in charge

It’s a piece of piss to progress. Very simple in fact. Spend money on good footballers and keep spending it until you are where you want to be.

Back