The Mags have beaten us again

I know that take over deals take time but NUFC's seems to be of epic proportions. No one seem to be in much of a rush. On the other hand it looks as if we are going to exchange hands twice in 12 months. I think that Ashley might be attaching a number of strings to a NUFC deal.

I know that take over deals take time but NUFC's seems to be of epic proportions. No one seem to be in much of a rush. On the other hand it looks as if we are going to exchange hands twice in 12 months. I think that Ashley might be attaching a number of strings to a NUFC deal.

Tbf its like 6 times the value?

Were like picking up an old banger.

Even if you end up where we are? Or Pompey, Coventry, Blackpool etc were? You’re at your natural level after a few years blip in the 90s/00s

If you were in a bad relationship would you want to stay with the lass for 12 years just in case your next one was worse?

Obviously I don't want to end up like the clubs you mentioned.
I agree with that last bit, we done better than normal for 10 year period.
But the point I'm making is, at least try to be as good as you possibly can. If you fail then at least you've had a go. Ashley with Newcastle is like driving with the handbrake on, or like running in a swimming pool. He doesn't want to try and be as good as possible.
I'm not talking about challenging for the title, but at least trying to be "best of the rest".
If the next owner turns out worse so be it, you then hope for things to improve again after that. Just accepting your lot just in case things get worse is stupid. Wanting things to be better is worth taking a risk for it imo.

If you were in a bad relationship would you want to stay with the lass for 12 years just in case your next one was worse?

Obviously I don't want to end up like the clubs you mentioned.
I agree with that last bit, we done better than normal for 10 year period.
But the point I'm making is, at least try to be as good as you possibly can. If you fail then at least you've had a go. Ashley with Newcastle is like driving with the handbrake on, or like running in a swimming pool. He doesn't want to try and be as good as possible.
I'm not talking about challenging for the title, but at least trying to be "best of the rest".
If the next owner turns out worse so be it, you then hope for things to improve again after that. Just accepting your lot just in case things get worse is stupid. Wanting things to be better is worth taking a risk for it imo.
He’s brought in this “world class manager” you all love and you’ve spent absolutely bucket loads. Yeah you have to sell to stay financially viable but you are still investing. Liverpool for example don’t have a net spend of city or Utd. They’ve had to sell players like Coutinho and reinvest.

Short put the handbrake on, Ashley is being prudent. We went down and spent £1m back into the team. Ashley gave Benitez the biggest transfer and wage budget the league has ever seen. You’re all complaining cos you aren’t there now and are completely incapable of looking at the bigger picture.

He’s brought in this “world class manager” you all love and you’ve spent absolutely bucket loads. Yeah you have to sell to stay financially viable but you are still investing. Liverpool for example don’t have a net spend of city or Utd. They’ve had to sell players like Coutinho and reinvest.

Short put the handbrake on, Ashley is being prudent. We went down and spent £1m back into the team. Ashley gave Benitez the biggest transfer and wage budget the league has ever seen. You’re all complaining cos you aren’t there now and are completely incapable of looking at the bigger picture.

Aston Villa spent more than us that season.

Do you not think that their tax problems are putting people off . That and the fact they're all sub-human smelly twats .

Back