The length of the deal

The worst league position we have ever been in is deserving of a salary which reflects it. Should that change in May resulting in promotion I would say that would and should be recognised in manager and players salaries. This will be irrelevant to at least half the playing staff in May of course who never have and never will reach an acceptable level to play for this football club. Clean sheets before 2020 would be a start Mr Parkinson.

I know it's 30 months but can the contract not simply have a clause in such as this?

1. No promotion this season, thanks for nowt goodbye with a few month's wages
2. If promoted then Championship top half is target with no threat of relegation during 2020/21
3. If top half acheived then need to at least get to playoffs in season 2021/22

Obviously the longer he lasts then his wages increase also so he's got a target. The days of simply paying managers and even more so players a basic wage that is obscene should be numbered. Start paying them performance related pay and then it may not cripple a club if they struggle at times. If they don't want the job then fuck them and get someone in who will want it as they want to succeed. It's not as if they're starting on £50 a week as they can easily survive on £1,000's a week but then potentially on tens of £1,000's in a few seasons!

18 months I can understand. Maybe his agent used it against us and said he'll go elsewhere if we don't offer 2.5. All we can hope for is better results.

2 and a half years. Can someone please explain to me how this is meant to show ambition? How it is meant to show that PP has been given a clear mandate to get us promoted? If he fails, we keep him next year? Should have been 1 year IMO.
How do you know there aren't break clauses in the contract in the event of failing to get promoted?
Unemployed bloke calling the shots, we really are woeful
Eh? How the fuck do you jump to that conclusion?

Very risky move giving him a 2 1/2 year contract imo. But I suppose you could argue that it shows they have faith in the appointment and view him as being someone who can take us forward in the championship. Where he has pretty much always failed.
How much money has Parkinson been given to keep teams in the Championship after promotion? Aye, fuck all. The Championship will be very very difficult for any Manager if we get up and don't have any funding

Ridiculous giving him 2 and a half years man. Should have been a contract to the end of the season with an automatic 12 month renewal if we get promoted. Doesn't surprise me though i mean these are the same idiots that gave Loovens 2 years, Leadbitter 2 and a half years and have yet to renew contracts for McLaughlin and O'Nien.
Absolutely this, anyone with a set of bollox and something about them would have taken this job until the season ends knowing the reward for promotion would have been another 12 month contract

I agree that he should not be appointed. Its the length of the deal that has utterly confused me.

well, it shows a bit of faith for a start and say he does well, gets us up and we are doing well in the championship. Folk would be complaining we’d be vulnerable to losing him to another club for nothing so it offers a bit of protection. To be honest it seems entirely sensible. A year either way wouldn’t be.

well, it shows a bit of faith for a start and say he does well, gets us up and we are doing well in the championship. Folk would be complaining we’d be vulnerable to losing him to another club for nothing so it offers a bit of protection. To be honest it seems entirely sensible. A year either way wouldn’t be.
Contracts are wafer thin in football

Back