The length of the deal

2 and a half years. Can someone please explain to me how this is meant to show ambition? How it is meant to show that PP has been given a clear mandate to get us promoted? If he fails, we keep him next year? Should have been 1 year IMO.
Shouldn't have been appointed in the first place...

He's clearly been appointed as a yes man! Hill and Coton think he's a shoe in though! :rolleyes:

2 and a half years. Can someone please explain to me how this is meant to show ambition? How it is meant to show that PP has been given a clear mandate to get us promoted? If he fails, we keep him next year? Should have been 1 year IMO.
Very risky move giving him a 2 1/2 year contract imo. But I suppose you could argue that it shows they have faith in the appointment and view him as being someone who can take us forward in the championship. Where he has pretty much always failed.

I think any notion that the people running our club have anything like a long term vision can be consigned to the dustbin. And any notion that the takeover or ‘investment’ is ongoing can equally be consigned to the same dustbin.

Ridiculous giving him 2 and a half years man. Should have been a contract to the end of the season with an automatic 12 month renewal if we get promoted. Doesn't surprise me though i mean these are the same idiots that gave Loovens 2 years, Leadbitter 2 and a half years and have yet to renew contracts for McLaughlin and O'Nien.

Very fair points.

It could quite easily be to give the illusion of stability. I wouldn't be surprised if there were clauses in there if we didn't get promoted this year.

Back