The length of the deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Length of the deal means nothing, why are you getting your knickers in a twist?

There are always clauses/targets in contracts, the length means nothing unless everything goes to plan.

Thats the point. It may not and massive severance will have to be paid. It also shows that he hasn't been a clear instruction to get us up this year.

I was thinking it seemed a little long but the reason is probably that it's hard to get someone to agree to move with a slight bit of security since they may have to move their family

I think what he might be thinking is outstanding as a club is roughly a 4 and he thinks PP standing as a manager is a 4.2 and that in fact, he has just got a good manager for our level or some sort of short term nonsense like that.

wonder if that's why it took so long. he originally verbally agreed to an 18 month deal and the article was drafted. he then changed his mind and asked for an extra year?

He's got a longer contract than Ross got which is staggering to me. This smacks of short-term fix (although in my opinion a misguided one) and he's been given 2.5 years.

Either way you all need to get behind him because he is your new manager whether he's on a season contract or a 10 year one.
Try and see positives from it and give it some time before you venture into any negative territory.

A contract length, as has been said will likely come with clauses from both sides and it's likely that Parkinson's been set a target for this season. Possibly to make the play off's...which, if he gets the players onside quickly, is an easy-ish target for your lot, I think.

It'll be apparent to you all if he fails to motivate. Just don't rely on a few games to make a judgement either way. I reckon by January you'll know the full extent of what he's all about for you lot.

No manager guarantees you anything and at this point in time you certainly don't need a bigger manager who might be taking the lions share of the coffers, with an attitude that promises the world and delivers little, for which he's likely not going to give a rats arse about when the boos hit him and the owner calls a halt to his services.

Thats the point. It may not and massive severance will have to be paid. It also shows that he hasn't been a clear instruction to get us up this year.

You're making assumptions without knowing the terms of the contract. You've no idea what will have to be paid and when. And,if he hasn't been told the target is to gain promotion this season,I will buy you several pints of your preferred liquid at a time and venue of your choosing.

I could have understood a year and a half. Just.

The length of this deal has me baffled.
Lets just say I was a little shocked when I saw it as two and a half years on Sky this morning. Maybe he was covering his own back for compo. when sacked and refused to sign up for any less. Seems we were so desperate to get him...………..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back