The length of the deal

Well I think it certainly indicates once and for all, beyond any doubt, that the takeover is dead.
I would suggest it points to no takeover or major investment as he's used to working with nowt
Quite a leap to take that.

Didn't Parkinson say something today about MSD still being at the table? For all we know there could be a clause in his contract to pay him off in the event of a takeover.

2 and a half years. Can someone please explain to me how this is meant to show ambition? How it is meant to show that PP has been given a clear mandate to get us promoted? If he fails, we keep him next year? Should have been 1 year IMO.
what makes you think any manager would accept a 1 yr contract he's only on 200k year man

Managers have mortgages, their kids go to school. They are not paid anywhere near the amount that players are.

They need some element of job security - which doesn't mean they will be kept on for the full term but it means they will be compensated if it doesn't go to the full term.

I doubt any manager worth his salt would take a shorter contract unless it was paid at a high salary level. A longer term is an alternative bargaining chip to paying a higher salary and suits our position as well. its spreading the expense out.

And it doesn't mean he won't be sacked within that time frame if underperforming. It means he will be compensated for the rest of it subject to performing his part of the contract.

Thats the point. It may not and massive severance will have to be paid. It also shows that he hasn't been a clear instruction to get us up this year.

How do you know what clauses are in his contract ?
Of course he will have been told , the aim is to get promoted this season .
If it's true he is only on 200K a year , the value of getting promoted to the Championship, will make his severence pay peanuts , if as expected new major investors want a higher profile manager .
Perhaps he held out for 2 1/2 years ,none of us know the background of any deal .
He's here now ,not my choice , however give him a chance to show us what he can do .
If he sorts out the defense and stops us conceding goals it will be a good start ,let's face it ,that was Big Sam's mantra and it worked.

It seems curious that it changed late on - other than that i don't give a shite how long it is. It isn't exactly long . I'm sure he's not going to be loafing about thinking 'sack promotion for now, i've got an extra year'

2 and a half years. Can someone please explain to me how this is meant to show ambition? How it is meant to show that PP has been given a clear mandate to get us promoted? If he fails, we keep him next year? Should have been 1 year IMO.

For all we know there's a clause allowing the club to bin him in the summer if he doesn't get promotion. See what happens.

I’ll get criticism here but I honestly think the owners aren’t that arsed if we get promotion.

If they don’t get any further investment we’ll get embarrassed in the championship, that’s if we even get promoted.

I think they are quite happy for now with a safe pair of hands, and without having to spend in the window.

= 12 weeks wages for Chodwell....

Ridiculous giving him 2 and a half years man. Should have been a contract to the end of the season with an automatic 12 month renewal if we get promoted. Doesn't surprise me though i mean these are the same idiots that gave Loovens 2 years, Leadbitter 2 and a half years and have yet to renew contracts for McLaughlin and O'Nien.
Disagree, this would send the wrong message to the players. Appointing a manager that looks like he will be gone in 8months....what authority what that give him.

If it goes tits up, it will cost about 250k to pay him off.

Back