The length of the deal

we may go up with Parkinson. But with him and the current ownership, it’ll be never anything more than bottom end championship or top end league one. It’s an awful appointment in terms of sending out positive messages RE the direction of the club. Absolutely awful
Did he get Colchester to the championship Play offs

So he got a 2 1/2 year deal. If you’re not happy with the deal give the owner a call. Better still, don’t go to the games. Nobody forces you.

2 and a half years. Can someone please explain to me how this is meant to show ambition? How it is meant to show that PP has been given a clear mandate to get us promoted? If he fails, we keep him next year? Should have been 1 year IMO.

Premier League by then!! :D

and without knowing the terms and conditions of the contract he has signed how can you be sure there isn't an end of season review condition in it

I can't, but I'm not fussed he's been given a 2 and a half year contract. If he performs, we'll soon all be wishing it was more.

Let’s not stoop or continue with the level of negativity seen on this board over the last few months. Members continue to post a load of twaddle about the new appointment, length of contract and our owners.

Do people really believe that we could attract a worthy candidate who would take the job for 6 months or is that the depths our club has come to. Do people really believe the likes of Roy Keane or BSA would be interested or that SKP would be a great appointment?

Wages aside the length of contract is an attractive proposition to any prospective employer. We will give you till the end of the season is hardly instilling confidence and trust into any future employee or belief in their ability. How about we throw hiring for Xmas into the equation, dear me this board has stooped to a level that if anything makes me laugh.

I’ve said it before and I will say it again, continuity is what we need we have a First Division Squad with a First Division Manager who is proven at this level, exactly what we need to compete in L1, let’s get behind SD and the new team from the off. Positive vibes will improve their attitude make them feel bolder, successful, remove fear and inertia. Positivity is always an active trait, and it engenders energy.

Good luck to SD the new manager and his team, here’s hoping for a great start against difficult opposition tomorrow. Charlie Wyke and Will Griggs to finally hit it off maybe?

Last edited:
This place is shocking for in mind, the same posters consistently posting negative, repetitive shite about the club.

Can't wait to get back to the football tomorrow and hopefully 3 points for the lads and new gaffer! Not to mention those making the trip down to Wycombe.

There are sure to be clauses, from both parties. Donald allegedly wants extra from the investors if we get promoted. Why would he then give a Manager a contract, that is only in the Manager’s interests. I’m baffled why people care about the length of contracts. Seems like we have quite a few Clairvoyants on this board. Bloody hell if you lot were you wouldn’t want a reading from any of you. We really do have a lot of negative minded fans. And it is getting worse.

Back