The length of the deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 and a half years. Can someone please explain to me how this is meant to show ambition? How it is meant to show that PP has been given a clear mandate to get us promoted? If he fails, we keep him next year? Should have been 1 year IMO.
I think its a bit of a no win situation. Give him one year and its not backing him. The key thing is whether he's right for us at the moment. I was not keen but can see an argument to say he'll potentially do a good job.

2 and a half years. Can someone please explain to me how this is meant to show ambition? How it is meant to show that PP has been given a clear mandate to get us promoted? If he fails, we keep him next year? Should have been 1 year IMO.

He’ll stay next season if we get promoted. He won’t if he doesn’t. He’ll get sacked if we have an extended bad run. It’ll be based upon results so not worth getting knickers in a twist over contract lengths.
Thats the point. It may not and massive severance will have to be paid. It also shows that he hasn't been a clear instruction to get us up this year.

‘Massive severance’ - there will be an agreed severance package from the off and given he’s reputedly on £200k ... You have no idea what his brief is but I would be astonished if he hasn’t been told to get us out of League 1 We’re not treating him any different to any other manager we or anyone else has hired I bet.

Last edited:
I agree that he should not be appointed. Its the length of the deal that has utterly confused me.
Rumour was that it was to be an eighteen month contract. That looked like a good idea; reasonable length of tenure, but relatively risk free. Two and a half does sound like a long time but, hey, he might turn out to be just the guy we need.

What if he refused a 1 year deal?

Donald seems intent on replicating Bolton Wanderers it would seem.

Probably on a low wage and it was the minimum he would expect.

Probably a clause in there if he were to get sacked (takeover happens etc).

you serious

Surely managers need time, why is the solution to everything sacking the manager. What if the players just aren't good enough?
He wasnt my choice but now he's got the job he needs time to bring in players he wants and play the way he wants

Surely managers need time, why is the solution to everything sacking the manager. What if the players just aren't good enough?
He wasnt my choice but now he's got the job he needs time to bring in players he wants and play the way he wants
Playing the way he wants will get football done away with along with a lot of fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back