The government should consider allowing vaping on buses...

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was on one for a while but have jacked nicotine totally now. I suspect that the juice is fine but that it is the materials and regularity of changing the coils that will cause the problems. they have all kinds of trace elements in them and it is too tempting to keep them going for too long as they are reasonably pricey.

i think vapers heads will start exploding or something in a few years and the government will be up shit creek after issueing advice like this.

No wonder the Yanks call them Loser Cruisers. The official line is that they think that vaping causes less harm. More research is needed.
You can say with certainty vaping is less harmful than smoking tobacco. Tobacco has over 50 carcinogens. (I want to emphasise thar what I say less harmful I mean less harmful and not harmless)

I always take the stance of yanks with a grain of salt, policy makers are for sale to the highest bidder.

I was on one for a while but have jacked nicotine totally now. I suspect that the juice is fine but that it is the materials and regularity of changing the coils that will cause the problems. they have all kinds of trace elements in them and it is too tempting to keep them going for too long as they are reasonably pricey.

i think vapers heads will start exploding or something in a few years and the government will be up shit creek after issuing advice like this.
I think the flavourings will have problems, much in the same way we identify issues with E numbers every so often.

Last edited:
Legally speaking I don't believe there's anywhere it isn't allowed right now.

Places still have the right to not allow vaping in their premises.
And rightly so.

It will be better for you than smoking, but it's still not exactly good for you is it.
If anything I think people who vape (or suck robocock if you prefer) do it more than they would if they smoked.

Just cas it's the government's position, doesn't mean it's A right or B what people want, right?

Having spoken to people in tobacco control and been to training days and lectures on e-cigarettes I do think they’re safer.

The current evidence says they are.

Not safe, but safer. Harm reduction is what the cohort of those who won’t quit smoking need.

Places still have the right to not allow vaping in their premises.
And rightly so.
I agree mate. Happy enough to be in a pub regardless of whether it allows vaping or not.

I do think there should be a separation of smoking and vaping policies in workplaces though. Maybe separate shelters for vaping and smoking, or a vaping room rather than needing to go outside for example.

It will be better for you than smoking, but it's still not exactly good for you is it.
If anything I think people who vape (or suck robocock if you prefer) do it more than they would if they smoked.
So?

Yes for a number of reasons for me:

1. I don't catch buses
2. My vape smells great
3. Everyone who doesn't vape can basically fuck right off

Having spoken to people in tobacco control and been to training days and lectures on e-cigarettes I do think they’re safer.

The current evidence says they are.

Not safe, but safer. Harm reduction is what the cohort of those who won’t quit smoking need.
I've got a mate who quit smoking and stayed off it for 2 years. They put on weight during that time, and then came up with the theory that nicotine helps weight loss. They now suck on a vape all day long. Quite often sucking on it continuously, like a pacifier. They're also 2 stone heavier than when they started doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back