The chore of going to the match

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what mate, Saturday's brand of whatever it was will have put a few off. I said on another thread that it was the worst football I've seen Sunderland play in that first half, in particular and I've seen some utter rubbish in my 35 years of going.
I've got to be at a new job in the morning so sacking it off tonight as sitting in the cold, watching that hold little appeal. Not one taker for my ST either.
All the best for the new job there, Fatha, la.

Over a third of our second season in the third tier of English football and no signs of cohesion, playing style, momentum or improvement in performances.
The rebuild has proved to be a disaster.
Things are bad.
I'm on my way over now.
See ye there, Ale, la. I'll be deein me pre-match Zhan Zhuang warm up in me shorts (bit Parky [!] fer Speedos the neet) in the East Stand. We need a bit luck. We shall see....

For the first time in 25 years of supporting Sunderland I was tempted to stay in and miss the game. Obviously I ended up going but everyone around me was saying the same thing. It’s absolutely horrific going to that shithole of a stadium now to see us huff and puff against lesser opposition. There’s no reason to go the match anymore because we are so bad.

These players are a complete joke and a disgrace to the shirt. Their lack of effort, fitness and professionalism is there for all to see. They don’t play as a team and more worryingly don’t want to play as a team. And the new manager seems incapable of addressing this.
Agree what on earth was enjoyable about tonight think they are forgetting we go to be entertained at the end of the day

^ That. Some see it as a badge of honour and feel they need to go (or be called names or something!?! I dunno). If they were watching something on tv which was dire and boring as fuck they would stop and watch something else. If the pub they went to started selling piss warm jango they would go somewhere else. Just about anything else people don't enjoy anymore they don't continue it. Football is a different fish tho, not sure why!?
Cos they are bothered that other people won't see them as good fans . Mad but true . I don't get it me

I can’t wait for the Blackpool home game. :rolleyes:

I’ve got plans on the night of that game.
Do I go to the game & rush back to get ready. Or just watch the game on a stream & get ready/sorted at my own pace.

Went on Saturday, got a coin in the eye off some Coventry tit, didn't go last night as I'd been to a funeral & had a few at the wake, it was much more enjoyable than suffering that shite, can't see me lasting much longer with this shite, been a regular since the mid 80's but thinking Ive got better things to do with my time

Working til nearly 8 last night so had an excuse not to go, which I didn't really need. Been going for more than 50yrs, but am rapidly losing interest...

The nature of modern football makes it even worse.

Back before sky and the internet you would go the game, fume if you lost then go the pub/home and escape it.

Now its all over the internet, Sky, social media, forums where you can talk bollocks for hours on end with fans you would otherwise never meet/make contact with.

'They' are not lesser opposition. We are on their level.
This exactly , anyone turning up at any game this season with any thought that “we should win this one” is sadly kidding themselves.
Once we all come to terms with the fact we are often not actually as good at playing football as the teams we play in League 1 then some realism will set in .
Why not go to the match, support the team and see what happens, just don’t keep thinking we will win because we have a bigger ground , more fans , was in the Prem etc etc as that delusion has long since been blown out of the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back