The chore of going to the match

This is a crazy opinion to have IMO. It's a 20 minute walk from the city centre where there's loads of parking. There's park and rides put on and there are two metro stations less than 10 minutes walk from it. It's an easy stadium to get to IMO.

City centre where parking is quite expensive, the park and ride taked you to the busiest road after the match. And the metros are only any good if you live near a station. Also expensive if your paying for 4 people

I'm going to Gillingham on Saturday and I've honestly got no idea why. Zero enthusiasm for it, don't expect a win, getting a taxi to where the bus picks up from at 5am. Need to grow up I think. Usually the prospect of a day on the drink makes up for it but I could quite easily do that in Sunderland Town after a proper night's sleep😂

I hold a season card and missed last game. Won’t be going to the next one either .Im depressed it’s got that bad, very sad I’ve got so low it’s came to that, but as others have said, I’m not wasting my Saturdays watching that drivel. I just can’t bring myself to be a tyre, pumped up before the game and flat deflated after.
Even worse, there’s no end in sight, somebody switched off the light at the end of the tunnel and I just can’t see things changing any time soon, so will watch it on the radio at home.

PP isn’t the right man for us, but it’s 100% the players to blame. None of them know what SHOOT means, or can be bothered to run instead of jogging . Why the hell would I want to go watch a team that has 2 shots a game on target if I’m lucky. What is there to get my adrenaline going , apart from the thought of a half time balti pie ?

For the first time in 25 years of supporting Sunderland I was tempted to stay in and miss the game. Obviously I ended up going but everyone around me was saying the same thing. It’s absolutely horrific going to that shithole of a stadium now to see us huff and puff against lesser opposition. There’s no reason to go the match anymore because we are so bad.

These players are a complete joke and a disgrace to the shirt. Their lack of effort, fitness and professionalism is there for all to see. They don’t play as a team and more worryingly don’t want to play as a team. And the new manager seems incapable of addressing this.
Shit hole of a stadium? Piss off man.
Ok, we r all fkd off at the way things are, but don't be stupidly negative.

The chore side of thing with the match I get to be honest. Iv always gone I just go and I enjoy catching up every week or whenever with the people around me who Iv sat next to for years.

There used to be a load of us who went out before and couple beers after but slowly over the years this has went down to me and one other lad (and he isn't always able to go as runs a pub so is dependent on staff etc). I know lads who simply got bored of going and would rather designate their time and money elsewhere or do extra graft/overtime.

I missed over a decade of meeting my mates & going to the SOL, because of crippling illness.
Now I'm back in good health again, I'm making up for lost time, so seeing my mates pre and post match, for a few pints, and going to the SOL again, is anything but a chore to me, despite the shit football.
I'm looking forward to the Blackpool game, next week.

I missed over a decade of meeting my mates & going to the SOL, because of crippling illness.
Now I'm back in good health again, I'm making up for lost time, so seeing my mates pre and post match, for a few pints, and going to the SOL again, is anything but a chore to me, despite the shit football.
Good to hear that mate.
Hope your health lets you attend for many more years!

Xmas night out next Saturday night

Not going to the SOL next Saturday day.
I don’t want the lads to ruin a good p!33 up night out.

I hold a season card and missed last game. Won’t be going to the next one either .Im depressed it’s got that bad, very sad I’ve got so low it’s came to that, but as others have said, I’m not wasting my Saturdays watching that drivel. I just can’t bring myself to be a tyre, pumped up before the game and flat deflated after.
Even worse, there’s no end in sight, somebody switched off the light at the end of the tunnel and I just can’t see things changing any time soon, so will watch it on the radio at home.

PP isn’t the right man for us, but it’s 100% the players to blame. None of them know what SHOOT means, or can be bothered to run instead of jogging . Why the hell would I want to go watch a team that has 2 shots a game on target if I’m lucky. What is there to get my adrenaline going , apart from the thought of a half time balti pie ?
I can relate to this.

Thankfully there’s SAFSEE & iFollow so I’m not missing our games completely.

Would rather sit at home with some booze and watch our games than make the trip to the SOL.

good on you mate. despite what some think there's still a hell of a lot of us that enjoy going to the match. the footy might not be too good at the minute but that's the way it is. it's still good crack.

good on you mate. despite what some think there's still a hell of a lot of us that enjoy going to the match. the footy might not be too good at the minute but that's the way it is. it's still good crack.
Cheers mate.
I love matchdays, from getting on the train at Hartepool, to seeing my mates in Sunland for a few pints before and after the game, and I love the walk across the Wearmouth bridge to the SOL, along with thousands of other Sunland fans.
When the good times eventually return again, I hope I'm around, to be a part of it.

Back