The chore of going to the match

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ That. Some see it as a badge of honour and feel they need to go (or be called names or something!?! I dunno). If they were watching something on tv which was dire and boring as fuck they would stop and watch something else. If the pub they went to started selling piss warm jango they would go somewhere else. Just about anything else people don't enjoy anymore they don't continue it. Football is a different fish tho, not sure why!?

Probably because a football club is something you have supported with family and mates, it's a shared thing, passed down through generations usually.

That said, I agree with you, if you don't want to go you shouldn't go.

Its f***ing awful man. Every time I think about attending tonight it sends a shudder down my spine. Every time I think of Phil Parkinson I could smash my head against a wall, what the fuck was Donald thinking? Jesus f***ing wept man, I just need to stop thinking and hope that the 3 of them, The Lying, the Rich and The Wardrobe fuck off soon

Thinking back to when I first used to go. I was often there at 1pm for the gates to open for a 3pm kick off. I used to go to reserve matches at Roker Park too. How things have changed as I'm still wondering if I'll actually make the effort (and it is at least a mental one) to go this evening.

Its the new beginning tonight, you will be pissed off if you miss it

Its the new beginning tonight
More like the new begging from Chas to keep supporting...
Its f***ing awful man. Every time I think about attending tonight it sends a shudder down my spine. Every time I think of Phil Parkinson I could smash my head against a wall, what the fuck was Donald thinking? Jesus f***ing wept man, I just need to stop thinking and hope that the 3 of them, The Lying, the Rich and The Wardrobe fuck off soon
What's Barry got to do with it?

Absolutely dreading it personally! If i didnt have to take a relative id miss my first home game since 1988

Thats how turgid these clowns are

Son has abandoned me to watch it at home so I’m going on my jack. Tempted to give it a miss but I know come 6:45 I’ll be on my way.

Was going to just post a thread like this.

Really don't feel like going tonight... it's a shit time to be a Sunderland fan.
I’m going. I think the missus is more looking forward to it than I am.

Same as me, she's collecting the programs because they make the crest on the side so think she'd gan without me if I bailed :lol:

I'm garn & looking forward to it as I do every game. Anything could happen. And that's the beauty of it: in life as in sport. Luck plays a huge part. Let's hope ours is in the neet.

It’s the worst it’s ever been. Ever. The good will that was generated from the first half of last season has evaporated now due to the rancid performance of those in charge over the summer. Those accusing the owners of being chances and cheapskates have a valid argument and it’s nobody’s fault but Donald and Charlie’s. Borderline negligence on their part. So sad. I actually dislike it when we have a game now, how crazy is that?

Last edited:
You know what mate, Saturday's brand of whatever it was will have put a few off. I said on another thread that it was the worst football I've seen Sunderland play in that first half, in particular and I've seen some utter rubbish in my 35 years of going.
I've got to be at a new job in the morning so sacking it off tonight as sitting in the cold, watching that hold little appeal. Not one taker for my ST either.

All the best for the new job.

Another ST going spare here, car broke down at the weekend and will need replacing as cost of repair is more than the cars worth. Could have fucked on getting the bus but I’ll not be home in CLS until 6 and wouldn’t get back in the house until well after 11. Pulled a muscle in my neck too so probably would only be able to watch half the pitch anyway 😂

Just have no desire to try and get there when it’s a pain in the arse, it’s not worth it.

Last edited:
All the best for the new job.

Another ST going spare here, car broke down at the weekend and will need replacing as cost of repair is more than the cars worth. Could have fucked on getting the bus but I’ll not be home in CLS until 6 and wouldn’t get back in the house until well after 11. Pulled a muscle in my neck too so probably would only be able to watch half the pitch anyway 😂

Just have no desire to try and get there when it’s a pain in the arse, it’s not worth it.

Cheers mate. How the motor situation isn't too costly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back