Thank u from family Hazey - "Who'd have thought it eh?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Mel, For a wonderful Post......It was a real JOY to read that post, and realise how much he was really loved......

How did the swim go????

also, not daft at all with the strange things happening like that. totally believe it would be him and will always be around you, similar with my dad. got shivers reading that, fantastic post.

What an amazing piece of writting! It must run in the family. A large lump in my throat after reading that only to be disturbed by the phone ringing.
Like what Muppet said, I have to take a double take when I see the name/avatar appear then feel daft for thinking it.

I hope you all can pull through this and as you can tell from the posts you have the love and support from all on the SMB.

Lovely post, my familys thoughts are with you all.

I was telling my mam about Hazey last night, like my wife, Ive gave them both regular updates, my wife ended up checking the blog more than I did.

Anyway, I know you`ll obviously have so much to sort at this sad time but I was thinking the sooner the books available to order the better.

Even if production was a year down the line Im sure hundreds would order immediately at say £15? Id certainly like one for me mam and Im sure plenty others would pay now.

Just a thought but if anyone was able to set up an account, the funds could be in there before any cash was required for production.

Keep strong.

x

Lovely post, my familys thoughts are with you all.

I was telling my mam about Hazey last night, like my wife, Ive gave them both regular updates, my wife ended up checking the blog more than I did.

Anyway, I know you`ll obviously have so much to sort at this sad time but I was thinking the sooner the books available to order the better.

Even if production was a year down the line Im sure hundreds would order immediately at say £15? Id certainly like one for me mam and Im sure plenty others would pay now.

Just a thought but if anyone was able to set up an account, the funds could be in there before any cash was required for production.

Keep strong.

x

Due to Liz`s posts I finally got my finger out of my arse and sorted out life insurance last night.

I prey to god we never need it but her post shocked me into action.

Fantastic and emotional post, I was in tears reading it (not what Hazey would have wanted, I know, but could not help it).

Loved all the coincidences, maybe Hazey is still around...who knows?

You should definitely carry on using Hazeys log in, in memory of him - its lovely to see it still being used.

R.I.P. Hazey x

For sadly stupid reasons I haven't been on the SMB since the news of Hazey's death came through.

I can only reiterate, with even more emphasis, what I said on Skunkers about how genuinely gutted I was to read of his passing.

RIP Hazey. SMB legend and all round mackem top bloke.

*chuckle*

I never met the man himself but reading that I find myself welling up. Good post & don't create another account, keep using Hazeys!

Although we'll not forget him, there no need to create yourself acccount, then this one is up and running!!

What a fantastic post. Thank you for taking time to post on here and it was loverly to see your proud post. Like others I felt myself welling up.
I never met 'Hazey' but the positive effect he has had on all of us on the SMB will stay with us for many years.

Best wishes to all the Hazey clan and welcome to the SMB.

Read only a few of Hazey's rants as I've not been a member for very long but that post brought a tear to my eye. I would also think those events aren't merely coincidental. RIP Hazey.

Thanks Mel, that was a lovely post and I know how hard it is to get over what you want to say in these difficult circumstances.

The greatest cliche ever, time is a great healer really is true, before you know it you'll only have smiles when you all think of him.

Just remember, all the reasons you're sad and miss him so much are the very same reasons you're lucky to have had him.

That something is back in my eye. This place will never be the same again. Farewell Graeme/Hazey, you were always an inspiration and a pleasure to 'speak' to. We'll all miss you and our thoughts are all with you and the family at this time. Those 'coincidences' were not coincidences either.

I'll never eat cereal in the office, either :)

Last edited:
With the SMB being down over the last couple of days, I found myself reading his blogs for the first time and once i'd read one and read somemore and then somemore.

I dont know why but I thought that Hazey was in his mid forties which was bad enough but to then see he was in fact only 30 made it even worse.

I think a few people have already said this but i'm going to say it anyway.

We all think we have problems and troubles in our lives but we havent really, and everyday should be as special as possible and even more so with your own family.

RIP Hazey you'll be missed

Bloody hell ...
Thought provoking stuff .Thank you for taking the time at such a moment to talk to us.

Take comfort from these words if you can my wife also lost her close cousin this year he fell from the cliffs and was found on top of marsden grotto on top of all the other things, i gave this reading at his service

I’m sorry that I had to leave you.
A distant voice called me away.
There was so much left for us to share,
so much we never got to say.
But all my pain is far behind me,
confusion finally laid to rest.
I hope my life here had a reason.
What you do now will be the test.

I died too early, but I always knew I would.
I lived life the way I wanted,
and always looked for something good
in everyone.
As I look down upon you now,
my hopes for you are still so strong.
Better to have loved and lost,
but we haven’t lost for long.
Don’t cry for me, beloved friends.
I've risen beyond this world of fear.
Hold my friendship in your memory,
and always know that I am near.
I know the grief will nearly kill you.
Dry your eyes, and carry on.
Remember me,
for through your lives,
my spirit will live on

xxxxx

Crap.
Haway man I'm at work, I can't be sobbing in the office.

Fitting words.

oh and :-D for Hazey, I love the thought of his account still being here.

Last edited:
Crap.
Haway man I'm at work, I can't be sobbing in the office.

Fitting words.

oh and :-D for Hazey, I love the thought of his account still being here.

I have half expected a post on this thread from Laputian just to really put the shit up us all................

Trust me Hazey will always be around. He's just gone to the great Roker Park in the sky.

Fine fellow... and a very brave man.

The Sunday Sun's and Echo have been in touch so hopefully there will be something in over the weekend. Unfortunaltely I couldn't put much of a tribute together so I sent them Not Spavins blog. :oops:

Our hearts go out to you and your family at this really hard time, Hazey was such a legend on this board, his brutal honesty in his blogs describing everything from blisters to shit like volcanic laver to the love he has for his family.

Graeme had the unique ability to make to laugh and cry in one sentence, his blogs were a must read for us on a Sunday night and invaribly we would end up crying together :oops: Cheers for that mate, you made me lose my kudos :lol:

We will try to get to the north east memorial service, I just feel like I have to.

Keep smiling though as that's what Graeme would want

Love from John & Liza

aka Cartman & Cartman's Bitch (she chose the name not me :cool:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back