Thank u from family Hazey - "Who'd have thought it eh?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure that Graeme gained enormous strength from the sheer goodness of his family and close friends and this strength showed itself in the calm but very human way in which he shared his thoughts with us all. In common with most on here, I have never met any of the great protagonists in Graeme's life but I feel honoured to have been allowed "virtual" access to the emotions and words of such fine people.

Thank you for keeping us all up to date and bringing tears of both sadness and laughter.

Great post mel again someone is cutting onions around here, the last post i sent Graeme/hazey was love kisses and hugs from myself mini jxb's and Mrs jxb on new years eve he told me to return them for him and that i did, he knew him how my wife had lost her mum 3 months ago to the Big C and her Dad is now fighting the Big C he was rushed into the Freeman hospital looking as yellow as Big Bird on new years eve, his last post was please let me know how he gets on, well he had a blocked bile duct from when they operated on his liver, they have unblocked it but found more leasions hes out of hospital again but is not a well man and time will tell but i think he has lost the will to fight after the loss of his wife of over 50 years, i am in the process of printing out the blogs ( cant wait for the book ) for him to read as i think it will appeal to his sense of humour and hopefully will give him the fightiong spirit back

For even though we never met, you will be forever remembered in the JXB houshold from you blogs and kind words

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife has never really understood my interest in internet forums but had read at my insistance one of Graemes later blogs. She found it quite upsetting and marvelled and his honesty and openess at sharing his thoughts with us.

On informing her that "that poor lad Hazey" had died she began to read the blog from the beginning last night and has got through a box of tissues and a bog roll (in his honour I think).

She now understands.

This has brought a tear to my eye. It's sad that he has gone so young, but he's lucky to have a family like you.

Mel,

loads of thanks for the post, i've been feeling pretty down today with my missus getting diagnosed with breast cancer on christmas eve (although she is young for getting BC this has been caught early we have a good prognosis) and this post has been quite uplifting.

I'm heartended by any light we (the SMB) can provide in this time

f***ing hell mate, you're not having much luck at the moment.

Hope everything works out well.

Christ, I've been away a few weeks and knew nowt about this...glad I'm on my own at work reading this, I'm filling up.

I think Hazey has been a magnificent part of this board for a long time, and your post will have done him proud, amazing courage from you all.

Even as a total cynic, when my Father in Law died I experienced similar 'coincidences' that I just can't put down to chance...let's hope Hazey keeps you on your toes a little longer.

RIP

Blimey, Mel! So much for a discrete read of the board from work. I now have a "contact lens problem" hence the tears.

First time Liz posted I did get the shock of my life as I thought it was a post from "beyond" but I soon realised it was not. :oops:

Stay strong, pet. xx

Take comfort from these words if you can my wife also lost her close cousin this year he fell from the cliffs and was found on top of marsden grotto on top of all the other things, i gave this reading at his service

I’m sorry that I had to leave you.
A distant voice called me away.
There was so much left for us to share,
so much we never got to say.
But all my pain is far behind me,
confusion finally laid to rest.
I hope my life here had a reason.
What you do now will be the test.

I died too early, but I always knew I would.
I lived life the way I wanted,
and always looked for something good
in everyone.
As I look down upon you now,
my hopes for you are still so strong.
Better to have loved and lost,
but we haven’t lost for long.
Don’t cry for me, beloved friends.
I've risen beyond this world of fear.
Hold my friendship in your memory,
and always know that I am near.
I know the grief will nearly kill you.
Dry your eyes, and carry on.
Remember me,
for through your lives,
my spirit will live on

xxxxx

First time Liz posted I did get the shock of my life as I thought it was a post from "beyond" but I soon realised it was not. :oops:

I keep doing a little double take. Then I feel stupid... :lol:

I also have a small tear and a smile. And thanks for keeping us up to date - I'm sure I'm not the only one who can say you've not been far from my thoughts all week.

Mel,

loads of thanks for the post, i've been feeling pretty down today with my missus getting diagnosed with breast cancer on christmas eve (although she is young for getting BC this has been caught early we have a good prognosis) and this post has been quite uplifting.

I'm heartended by any light we (the SMB) can provide in this time

Thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife and family too. I hope all goes well for her.

..."and I’m not going to waste it with negative energy"

Something we should all try to remember. It's not easy but remembering how a guy like your brother was able to look at the world when in a dark place is the kind of inspiration we're talking about.

Thanks for the read Mel. It means a lot to us too.

Absolutely spot on. Most of us don't know how lucky we are.

A frankly remarkable post. Brought tears and smiles in equal measure.

Again, I never met Hazey, but kept up-to-date with his blogs and read with interest his progress brought to us from other users.

His ability to inspire should not be ignored, and each time I felt I was getting upset reading that I thought "this is not what he would have wanted - at all". His blogs themselves really put things in perspective for me - I really dont think I could be so strong in the face of such a condition. His comment about 'negative energy' rings so true.

Brave, honest, witty and a damn good moaner to boot - it is clear he was a great bloke, and until I read about his request for the new Radiohead album, with a great taste in music.....

I'm another who returned from holiday to learn of his passing and my girlfriend thought I was crying at the thought of returning to work! I can think of a few choice grumblings he will have had about that.

Can I join the call for you to keep using his username! Nice to keep it going.

He will be remembered by us all.

All the best to you and all your family Mel.

never really took much notice of him as a poster and as far as i know i didnt meet him but read his blogs and family comments etc actually gets me close to tears, his blog shows what a truly fantastic bloke he was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back