Thank u from family Hazey - "Who'd have thought it eh?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
felt myself welling up (again) reading that but then remembered the type of bloke Hazey was. The last thing he'd have wanted was :cry:, he told people off for unhappy smilies so Hazey this is for you - :-D

Outstanding, inspirational bloke and his family appear to be exactly the same.

Keep smiling for Hazey x

Unbelievable post. The tears were streaming and the hairs on the back of my neck stood on end.... A truly heartfelt, honest piece.

I congratulate for being sooooooooo strong at this time, you are a better person than I.

Please keep your strength and positivity, keep your family close by and keep being you. I think you have the pleasure of being part of an unbelievable family.

GOD BLESS

hazey will be sorely missed round these parts im sure of that, but he leaves me personally with a hell of a lot of belief in humankind, the way you and his wife and of course the rest of your family are keeping going is an inspiration to us all, dont just be proud of hazey but also be so proud of yourselves.

bloody onions at this time of the morning some people have no thought for others chopping em so early

Thanks for that inspirational post. We all have gone through or will go through times when a loved on leaves us and you and your family are showing the honesty,dignity and sheer humanity that is required at that time. Our thoughts are with you all at this sad time.

jesus
what strong people you are.keep your head up
onwards and upwards !!!!

..."and I’m not going to waste it with negative energy"

Something we should all try to remember. It's not easy but remembering how a guy like your brother was able to look at the world when in a dark place is the kind of inspiration we're talking about.

Thanks for the read Mel. It means a lot to us too.

"and a simple thing like peeling some satsumas for him and being told he wanted the white pith taking off!"

:lol: Fantastic!

God bless Graeme.

Reading that quote reminded me of this.

Hope it helps.

I remember how I felt when my mam died of leukaemia. 6 years on, it still hurts sometimes, but it gets better.

This is coming out all wrong, but yer kna...

'Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am in a thousand winds that blow,
I am the softly falling snow.
I am the gentle showers of rain,
I am the fields of ripening grain.
I am in the morning hush,
I am in the graceful rush
Of beautiful birds in circling flight,
I am the starshine of the night.
I am in the flowers that bloom,
I am in a quiet room.
I am in the birds that sing,
I am in each lovely thing.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there. I do not die.'

Keep using Hazeys account, a lot of us never met him, yet knew him so well through the SMB and his blogs.
Wonderful post, keep being strong.

I am not very good at writing stuff and expressing my thoughts. I have tried writing this post for the past 30 mins so here goes.

Just read through the blogs and this thread and dont know wherever to laugh, cry, be sad or proud that a man can be so brave through the pain he had to go through in the end.

Hope Chris, Liz and your family stay strong for each other. I feel i have missed out not meeting Graeme in person. He is the bravest man i know and thank god now its over he can RIP.

In 1 blog Graeme describes the tender kiss he had with you Liz. That made me feel so soft inside and had tears from my eyes. That is such a special moment and shows the true meaning of love.

All your family must have gone through such a bad time recently watching Graeme suffer but now its over i hope u can look back on the good times and celebrate his life and all the happy times you's shared together.

Reading Hazey's blogs he didnt like to see people giving him sad faces so try be strong through this hard time and give a smile back because i think he be smiling over your

RIP HAZEY

A privilege to read that Mel.
Thanks for sharing it with us, feel like one of the family ,which in the last few months I think we all were.
Might of missed it,but what day/time is the funeral as even as I live in Spain, I would like to be a part of it.

Very powerful reading and my sympathy to you and your family.

I've followed Hazey's battle mainly through posts on SMB but I hadn't read all his blogs in detail..........until yesterday!! Truly amazing reading and truly inspirational.

I think the best way to sum up is how I found out. A mate of mine called Sunday night to say there was bad news and that Hazey had lost his battle with cancer. Neither of us knew him and I wasn't even aware my mate had been following Hazey's battle but it felt like we'd both lost a mate.

Last edited by a moderator:
A truly moving and heartwarming post, thanks.

Am struggling to pack in smoking (again!). Every time I get that itch for a tab, all I need to do is remind myself how lucky I am to be alive, and how stupid I am in killing myself with tabs when lads like Hazey showed true guts and bravery on a scale I couldn't be capable of. Perspective, and all that.

An inspiration in many ways.

So very pleased that you've come back to continue to let us know how things are going.

Its good to hear that a daft message board has helped in its own little way.

Take Care,
Peter

Thanks so much for sharing that with us Mel. And I think you're right about the coincidences... He's probably having a right chuckle about them !!

Made me laugh yesterday when re-reading the blogs and getting to the bit about buying emergency pants in a hurry... made me laugh more than I have in a bloody long time that.

Lots of love to you all
x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back