Talking Angela App- Threat to kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'd say it's up to her to check her facts though before badmouthing one of the best selling products of a British based company.

It won't matter much but the mods should remove this thread though.

That's fine by me. Didn't want all this on a morning. I've got a relegation battle on footy manager to concentrate on.

Apparently it's an interactive app that asks questions rather than the ones like Talking Tom which repeat what you say.
For the record Talking Tom is mint :)

I remember making it say daft things to my nephews year ago, they found it funny.[DOUBLEPOST=1392629845][/DOUBLEPOST]
That's fine by me. Didn't want all this on a morning. I've got a relegation battle on footy manager to concentrate on.

I doubt anyone actually really thinks anything bad about you as a result mate!

I remember making it say daft things to my nephews year ago, they found it funny.[DOUBLEPOST=1392629845][/DOUBLEPOST]

I doubt anyone actually really thinks anything bad about you as a result mate!

My 3 year old loves it, especially beating him up :)

I hope not, I was only trying to help. I've built up a great rapport with people on here over the last year, mainly through my work for Bradley's Fight, and wouldn't want to harm that in anyway.

My 3 year old loves it, especially beating him up :)

I hope not, I was only trying to help. I've built up a great rapport with people on here over the last year, mainly through my work for Bradley's Fight, and wouldn't want to harm that in anyway.

You won't mate, unless someone works for Take7 and are about to lose their job because of lost revenue that is ;)

I'd say it's up to her to check her facts though before badmouthing one of the best selling products of a British based company.

It won't matter much but the mods should remove this thread though.

It's a British product? The lawyers will be busy then, especially post the Lord MacAlpine bonanza.

Agree the thread should be binned, for the OPs protection if nothing else, given that he has suggested without any evidence that the designers and producers of this game may well be predatory paedophiles, and well, lawyers might be searching.

OP, you mentioned that your wife is company manager for a chain of nurseries. If one nutter with a grudge made a spurious allegation that the management of that chain of nurseries were satanist abusers, would you be comfortable with thousands of people unthinkingly sharing and retweeting and posting that original lie with the excuse of ah well, safeguarding, what can you do? Because that is exactly like what you are doing. That fact that you meant well is neither here nor there.

Safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults does not mean uncritically and publicly passing on anything you hear, and then hiding behind the term. That's not what it's about.

It's a British product? The lawyers will be busy then, especially post the Lord MacAlpine bonanza.

Outfit7 is a mobile app developer best known for the media entertainment franchise Talking Tom and Friends and mobile app game Jigty.

Outfit7 was founded by a group of entrepreneurs in 2009. Its flagship app franchise Talking Tom and Friends has achieved over 1.2 billion downloads since its launch.

TypePrivate
IndustryMedia Entertainment
Founder(s)Samo Login
HeadquartersLondon, United Kingdom
Key peopleSamo Login CEO

Well yes of course she will. I never asked who it was from exactly, I tend not to where her work is concerned as there are a lot of confidentiality and child protection issues that crop up.
She's no nugget, and doesn't fall for scams and such like. She's damn good at her job and highly intelligent.
As a manager and parent she has to take it seriously. We checked our children's iPads and deleted the app in question.
Then I posted my warning on here.

I think this thread would make me question that statement... How did you get on with that Nigerian lottery win btw?

#nugget

She's duty bound to inform relevant people, it's not up to her to be judge and jury.
I chose to post it on here to hopefully help out other parents.
As this seems to be a worldwide witch hunt I doubt my posting on here will matter in the bigger scheme.
The biggest problem with computing in general, is GIGO - garbage in garbage out... If company directors aren't applying independent thought, common sense & a little fact checking then they shouldn't be allowed near a computer... Always said this about our users, but some people need an IQ test before being let loose on their own in front a keyboard...[DOUBLEPOST=1392632680][/DOUBLEPOST]

That site best sums it all up...

"Of course, it is certainly wise to closely monitor the activities of your young children when they are using any Internet connected device. However, spreading fear mongering nonsense about a harmless children's app is counterproductive and will do nothing whatsoever to help keep children safe."

The laughing smilie caused the offence as I don't see child safety as a laughing matter.
Apologies if I've took things the wrong way.
This is the problem with society today, people are guilty until proven innocent. Causing an attitude like the above where people will believe anything then bite someones head off when they're questioned. For what it's worth, I think your wife received an warning email from the police, or at least she thought it was the police. Like when Cleveland Police lock your computer, it's a virus. If the police came in and sat your wife down and said "look, there's an app out there which you should watch out for". I'd be surprised.

So I'm lying? Or my wife's lying?
Think about what you're saying as you know what sort of people we are and how much we rely on our good reputation as far as out fundraising work is concerned!

This all sounds very serious[DOUBLEPOST=1392633308][/DOUBLEPOST]
I wonder, when people pass a story like this on, do they ever pause to think: am I about to label an innocent person a paedophile-enabling monster and do my part in ruining their business and their livelihood by telling the world that their product is evil? Because thinking that might be a good idea.

Hey we're trying to protect children here!

Last edited:
This all sounds very serious[DOUBLEPOST=1392633308][/DOUBLEPOST]

Hey we're trying to protect children here!

I wish someone would spread a rumour that Greggs pasties were "pedo files". The amount of fat round bairns I've seen chomping down on them is shocking.
Or maybe a rumour that eating fruit emits a secret odour that repels nonces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back