Talking Angela App- Threat to kids

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to admire their investigative skills these days dont you?!

There was one recently in our local neighbourhood watch newsletter about the hoax parcel scam where it costs you a fortune to ring a premium rate number to arrange a redelivery. That's years old that one!

My wife works in education and has received a warning from the police that perverts may be behind this app as it interacts with kids in an inappropriate way.
Check your iPads, iPhones etc and get rid.

What a load of shite, sounds like a job for snopes.[DOUBLEPOST=1392625565][/DOUBLEPOST]
Can you read?
Her company received an email warning from the police!!
I'm 37, a dad of 4, and know better than to believe shite on the net.

I bet they really didn't like.[DOUBLEPOST=1392625601][/DOUBLEPOST]

As predicted, snopes.

What a load of shite, sounds like a job for snopes.[DOUBLEPOST=1392625565][/DOUBLEPOST]

I bet they really didn't like.[DOUBLEPOST=1392625601][/DOUBLEPOST]

As predicted, snopes.

You've neglected to quote the fact that she's the company manager and received the email directly!
Selective reading.

More than likely it was her bosses suckered in to it than it coming from the police. I've seen this one doing the rounds.

You've neglected to quote the fact that she's the company manager and received the email directly!
Selective reading.

I don't believe it, sorry. It's always "a friend got a mail" etc etc. I've seen it all over facebook already, it's a load of shite and I'd hope it would be clear enough to the police that it's shite that they didn't go around randomly emailing companies regarding this.

I know your intentions were good, but it's the same with all this chain bollocks.[DOUBLEPOST=1392625939][/DOUBLEPOST]
More than likely it was her bosses suckered in to it than it coming from the police. I've seen this one doing the rounds.

Exactly, I bet upon further questioning she admits she didn't actually get a mail, but someone sent her a mail saying they had received a mail.

She is company manager, soon to be company director, with only one person above her.
Hardly a friends mates sisters mates cousin!

She is company manager, soon to be company director, with only one person above her.
Hardly a friends mates sisters mates cousin!

So she actually received the mail, directly from the police? What level of the police emailed her?

This is what was posted all over FB

I cant even in words say what I just found out.. I am SHOCKED and want to tell and let my friends and family be made aware so they can make sure their children are safe!!! Angelica stayed home from school today and thank GOD she did. Because she was on her ipod playing a game called talking angela, which is similar to talking tom, anyway as she is sitting next to me this interactive cat says to her hi angelica where is your brother? She says o hes right here next to me the cat says o cool, then the cat says so what do you do for fun? Ang says I dont know, (now im being quiet and listening because I think its weird this angela cat knows she has a brother and is talking to her like a person) then its voice changes and in some weird robotic voice it says angelica when u date what do u do on your dates? She looked at me got red in the face and said nothing, then it said stick out your touunge, ill stick mine out too, it said what are some things u can do with your tounge? I can find many things to do with my tounge it said it said lets intrract w our toungues. I that point I had heard enough I zaid ang shut it off now! I was freaked out called the police departnrnt they came to the house saif they would have the internet investigations unit andpedofile investigations unit look into it, they called me an hour latet and said something is behind that cat!!! They dont know if it is local or over seas. While the police officer was there and ang was talking to him she told the police officer saturday night her cousin and her were on the app w angela and it asked the girls their names what her brothers name was what school they BOTH went to, and it took a picture of angelica!!! This is under serious investigation right now! When I googled talking angela I cant even begin to tell you what creepy stuff came up! Google it for yourselves please!! But some things are the cat asking girls for their phone numbers! And if theyve had their firat kiss!!! Take this app off your phone please! Theres a big chance thid cpuld be a door for pedofiles.the police said they have seen thing *like* this but never actually through a childs app but that they are not putting it past them! The girls told angela the cat on saturday their names and she had a brother and then on monday morning when angelica turned the app back on, It remebered her name and that she had a brother!!! These things ARENT supposed to ask you questions!!! and especially not questions about dating toungues or kissing!! I am disgusted! I dont feel safe at all right now! Knowing that there was some creep talking to my daughter and my neice through a talking app!!! Please if you have this app or any like it the police are saying take it off of your phone!!! Copy and share and send out PLEASE! This word needs to spread! I pray the ocean county investigators can crack this thing open!!!!!
So please if your KIDS use this app please shut it down. Because SOME KIDS told them the name of the school they went to and is now on red alert at the school, and please PASS this on to ALL your friends. —
Logon or register to see this image
feeling annoyed

Just had a look and this is has been all over the internet the past couple of days. I'm curious to see which police force sent the email, Northumbria Police or the Met Police?

Did anyone else used to follow North East Police on twitter, before they got banned? :-D

Just had a look and this is has been all over the internet the past couple of days. I'm curious to see which police force sent the email, Northumbria Police or the Met Police?

They didn't send it, people add bits to the story to make it sound more real.

Quite often the know the person involved, that's what happened on my FB, even though the person was in Ocean County and they don't know anyone in NJ.

So I'm lying? Or my wife's lying?
Think about what you're saying as you know what sort of people we are and how much we rely on our good reputation as far as out fundraising work is concerned!

I wonder, when people pass a story like this on, do they ever pause to think: am I about to label an innocent person a paedophile-enabling monster and do my part in ruining their business and their livelihood by telling the world that their product is evil? Because thinking that might be a good idea.

Think about what you're saying as you know what sort of people we are and how much we rely on our good reputation as far as out fundraising work is concerned!

Any chance of putting up the police email address the message was sent from? Just so it can be reported and added to the snopes site.

I don't think you're lying, I think you're passing on something in good faith. There's a big difference.

Are you saying your wife directly received this from the police? If so, which police force and what level?

Why would I care what's on Facebook or what other sources have said?
My wife is a company manager for a chain of nurseries and received a direct warning about this app. They have to take these things seriously, not trawl the net to see what everyone else has to say about it.
I tried to do everyone a favour by relaying this to the forum, but all I get is shit.
Go figure!!!
It's times like this that make you wonder why you bother.

I wouldn't take it personally. It is entirely your prerogative to spread unfounded rumours, without spending anytime checking their veracity, which result in reputational damage to an innocent software vendor who is just trying to make a living.

I wouldn't take it personally. It is entirely your prerogative to spread unfounded rumours, without spending anytime checking their veracity, which result in reputational damage to an innocent software vendor who is just trying to make a living.

It's a British company too, it's headquarters are in the UK. I hope this shite (the whole smear campaign, not speedy's post) doesn't cost jobs.

I think it's time for:
Watch your letterbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back