Talking Angela App- Threat to kids

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

speedyftm

My wife works in education and has received a warning from the police that perverts may be behind this app as it interacts with kids in an inappropriate way.
Check your iPads, iPhones etc and get rid.

Can you read?
Her company received an email warning from the police!!
I'm 37, a dad of 4, and know better than to believe shite on the net.

Yes mate I can read. I've also read the same type of posts about five times in the last week on Facebook.

I'm 32, expecting my first child in six weeks and know better than to just believe everything I read without looking into other sources which not only claim this to be bollocks but also near on technology impossible.

The last place I'd expect to find this app is on the Apple store. Apple control what is available and if this app did exist then it must have been tested and approved by Apple before being made available to download.

Android however...[DOUBLEPOST=1392623163][/DOUBLEPOST]
You'd think the police might check up on these hoax mails.

http://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2013/02/25/talking-angela-iphone-app-scare/

Was doing the rounds a year ago and it's doing them again.
Reminds me of the regular emails my family forward to me warning of the latest virus, not realising that the email they've forwarded has a virus attached.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would I care what's on Facebook or what other sources have said?
My wife is a company manager for a chain of nurseries and received a direct warning about this app. They have to take these things seriously, not trawl the net to see what everyone else has to say about it.
I tried to do everyone a favour by relaying this to the forum, but all I get is shit.
Go figure!!!
It's times like this that make you wonder why you bother.

My wife is a company manager for a chain of nurseries and received a direct warning about this app. They have to take these things seriously, not trawl the net to see what everyone else has to say about it.
I tried to do everyone a favour by relaying this to the forum, but all I get is shit.
Go figure!!!
No one is criticising what you've done mate, it's just it sounds more like the usual chain emails that do the rounds than an email directly from the police.

No one is criticising what you've done mate, it's just it sounds more like the usual chain emails that do the rounds than an email directly from the police.

Feels that way mate. And I'm only passing on what I've been told.
I wasn't aware of previous reports about it and I'm very protective of my kids, as is my wife.
Due to her line of work she's been subjected to some disgusting images and reports, and therefore we will always take potential threats seriously.

Go figure!!!

Nobody is having a go, they're just sharing the alternative story so people can make an educated judgement (as I'm sure you will now do).

Besides, I said 'no offence' in my first reply so it's almost illegal for you to be offended.

Nobody is having a go, they're just sharing the alternative story so people can make an educated judgement (as I'm sure you will now do).

Besides, I said 'no offence' in my first reply so it's almost illegal for you to be offended.

The laughing smilie caused the offence as I don't see child safety as a laughing matter.
Apologies if I've took things the wrong way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back