taking kids on holiday outside of school holidays

Let’s be honest, they’re not the same as their classmates. They’re my kids so they’re the best.

Turning up is only important if you’re turning up to the right things.

All the classmates are from different backgrounds usually anyway, some are kids of the career unemployed who go nowhere on holiday. Just because they do nowt, should we? My kids go on hoilday and stuff, hopefully the message that the ones with the lazy parents who do now might help them going forward.

Why are you winding andyp up?

Is it Cat? It'll be so when I defend myself, her followers get all angry and threaten me like last time.

I'll disable ignored messages and reply to her crap I suppose, against my better judgement.

if you insist on having expensive holidays perhaps have less children so you can afford to do so without costing them their education?

I'll just pretend one doesn't exist - that'll be fun.

this is something I have pretty strong views on, I just find his attitude about it flippant and ridiculous, at least your answers are well moderated and reasonable
I’m pretty flippant too, it has to be said. I usually agree with your point of view on many things, but I think you’re out of whack on this one, I’m afraid. But then, we can only really know our own kids, and I believe mine benefit from spending some family time together even at the cost of a few school days. Especially now they’re teenagers and make a concerted effort not to speak to me on a day-to-day basis.....I find the Florida sun and Disney parks thaw their animosity a little.

My kids school have given an extra week on the end of half term coming up so the kids parents can book a holiday without the cost or taking time off.

I’m pretty flippant too, it has to be said. I usually agree with your point of view on many things, but I think you’re out of whack on this one, I’m afraid. But then, we can only really know our own kids, and I believe mine benefit from spending some family time together even at the cost of a few school days. Especially now they’re teenagers and make a concerted effort not to speak to me on a day-to-day basis.....I find the Florida sun and Disney parks thaw their animosity a little.

i am jelous i cant wait for mine to grow up and fuck in leave me the alone......

A week in Magaluf will cheer them up.

this is something I have pretty strong views on, I just find his attitude about it flippant and ridiculous, at least your answers are well moderated and reasonable

I'm just giving my opinion. I don't think a 5 year old is going to miss much education in two weeks.

The pace isn't exactly quick as they're only interested in getting as many people to the "required" average level as possible anyway.

Yeah bonus about it as well, No schools are off anywhere else so will be reasonably quiet in Skegness where we are going (kids love it)

Butlins? We used to love going there - used to take them on the Just for Tots (during term time of course).

Mine have a family iMessage chat which gets updated every few days with the countdown...roll on October 15!

We're going next month. They need their Disney fix - they're all mental on the Lion King at the moment so they'll love the show at AK.

Last edited:
£400 for the week whereas the caravan we've rented is £210 for the week. There is an offer on for day passes as its Tots week or something.

Just for Tots is great if you've got under 4s. We went a few times to that. Next time if you go again, have a look at Willis Holidays, I used to get a week for £280 or thereabouts including passes, five minute walk to the Skyline Pavilion thing.

Back