taking kids on holiday outside of school holidays

i dont get people who go away just to do this...sit get pissed all day and lie in the sun whilst kids run amok... i keep harping on about excursions and the mrs was like but wer are going to do a few days of relaxing round the pool arent we

ERM NO

I'm going to have my first ever holiday as an adult (bar lads holidays) where we're not planning on doing any exploring. Just sitting by the pool. Though the place has a proper waterpark and zoo too. All my previous holidays and travels I get about on excursions or hire cars. Just want to not have to think about anything this time. But I do worry I will get itchy feet after a few days.

We started it when they were 5 so they are use to it. They know that if their attendance drops to below 90% they are in trouble regardless because that is the school rules. They know the facts that can only miss 15 days a of school so 10 will be taken up by holidays. The only other time they miss is if they are sick or have hospital appointments.

96% in my kids school, he had 3 days off in autumn term, 2 of those after being sent home from school and we had a letter sent out, its past the point of being ridiculous. So much so I'm too scared of keeping him off while he's bad so send him in thinking it's best they can see he's poorly and not just skiving, but by then he's probably passed on germs to half the school so that's going to knack their attendance even more

96% in my kids school, he had 3 days off in autumn term, 2 of those after being sent home from school and we had a letter sent out, its past the point of being ridiculous. So much so I'm too scared of keeping him off while he's bad so send him in thinking it's best they can see he's poorly and not just skiving, but by then he's probably passed on germs to half the school so that's going to knack their attendance even more
In my kids school they are told NOT to come in if they feel unwell in case any illness spreads. That's giving kids an excuse to skive!

Those are from Disney Land Paris in March. We're going to Disney World in Florida next month. It's my 40th on Saturday too actually, feeling old. :lol::lol:

There's a thread on here if you need any help booking and stuff, it's a lot to plan and if you don't plan it can be a bit shit.

im abit Anal for planning ahead i keep trying to get our lot together to plan excursions and the like for when we go to mexico everyone leeps looking at me in disgust...one of the trips i can get online now half price but when i suggested bookin now every just kinda shrugged.

are you doing a villa or hotels... for florida

i dont get people who go away just to do this...sit get pissed all day and lie in the sun whilst kids run amok... i keep harping on about excursions and the mrs was like but wer are going to do a few days of relaxing round the pool arent we

ERM NO

I meant to reply to your skydiving instead of diving thead last night and I forgot :oops:

If you go to Xel-ha, you can scuba dive with various fish. It's safe for bairns to do too as everyone gets life jackets. Swam out to a rock in the middle with my son and as we pushed off to swim back, a school of bonny coloured tropical fish swam by and just regrouped around us so we swam together. It was fantastic and definitely worth a visit.
¡Prepárate para escribir la historia de tus próximas vacaciones!

Also can highly recommend Home

They only take out small groups of people and it's like going out with friends rather than a tour. Meals are included. The trips we did were broken up with a visit to a historical site followed by a cool down swim in a cenote or the sea, so the bairns didn't get hot and bothered.

I disagree but that 's fine. I don't see why family time is not possible in the school holidays. The only thing that is changed is that foreign holidays are more expensive.

I don't think these holidays are as important as staying in school.

I think role modelling and setting examples and having principles are not always easy but ultimately worth it :D

that is a good idea

still thinks two weeks is a mad amount of time to take them out of school and kind of teaching them to bend the rules but having that condition that they can't miss any days of school is good, have they ever had to not go because of that?
See, this is how to get people’s backs up. I also think those things are worth it, it’s just we differ in our approach to setting these examples, and perhaps our principles are slightly different, but they are as important for me as they are for you, so to suggest that my ‘style’ of parenting is wrong (which you are doing in a proclamation such as that) is pretty insulting. We can disagree about this aspect of child-rearing without resorting to this approach, surely?

In my kids school they are told NOT to come in if they feel unwell in case any illness spreads. That's giving kids an excuse to skive!

Last year mine had been off for a week with d and v , rang up again to say he'd vommed again during the night so would be off till the following Monday (Thursday and 48 hours after sickness school rules) had a call straight back from the attendance officer to say he's absence was bringing the school attendance down and they expected him back the following day. I sent him in he was home before 10.30 , I then rang the head full of hell, she apologized and a couple of weeks later we had an email to say the AO had left the school. Think somewhere in between the 2 would be much more acceptable:lol::lol:

Holidays in the UK are more expensive during the school holidays too.

You're entitled to your opinion and should do what you feel is right.

I think that's what my brother is doing, my nephew has his GCSEs this year and they're going away in June, sounds sensible to me.

I don't get it either - my kids would hate it. I might change my mind when they're older though, but for now it seems strange - I want them to enjoy themselves, that's why we go as a family.

im abit gutted my boy is only 20 months cos my mts wont let me take him quad biking through the mayan jungle the spoilsport, apparently i cant take him to swim with sharks either....

i do intend to try every cocktial on the menu and spend at least one afternoon at the swim up pool bar drinking beer and sitting in my own piss..whilst mother and father watch their grandkids

i have been to AI tho where kids just run amok and the parents are drinking from 11am onwards doing fuck all with their kids i think thats wrong, even last year when the youngest couldnt walk..i loved my morning walks with him in his pushchair hes a nosey bugger and likes to be into everything and check stuff out... a stroll through the town and sea front while everyone is in bed and talking shit to a 10 month old who has not got a f***ing clue what ya talking about..

happy times

Pulled them out 3 days early last year. Asked for permission from the school, didn't get it. It was the only 3 days any of them missed, and in 1st school they do absolutely nothing of any educational merit in the days leading up to the summer break.
I think pulling out might have been a better option 10 years ago........

Yep, it’s 96% in my daughter’s school, too (Thornhill) and we got a letter because she got 95.7%. You can guess how much attention I paid to that letter.....

im abit Anal for planning ahead i keep trying to get our lot together to plan excursions and the like for when we go to mexico everyone leeps looking at me in disgust...one of the trips i can get online now half price but when i suggested bookin now every just kinda shrugged.

are you doing a villa or hotels... for florida

We're staying on one of the Disney hotels on site mate.

I meant to reply to your skydiving instead of diving thead last night and I forgot :oops:

If you go to Xel-ha, you can scuba dive with various fish. It's safe for bairns to do too as everyone gets life jackets. Swam out to a rock in the middle with my son and as we pushed off to swim back, a school of bonny coloured tropical fish swam by and just regrouped around us so we swam together. It was fantastic and definitely worth a visit.
¡Prepárate para escribir la historia de tus próximas vacaciones!

Also can highly recommend Home

They only take out small groups of people and it's like going out with friends rather than a tour. Meals are included. The trips we did were broken up with a visit to a historical site followed by a cool down swim in a cenote or the sea, so the bairns didn't get hot and bothered.

been looking at xel-ha it looks amazing and the better one for the kids compared to Xcaret and Xplor

p.s. did u go to Chicken Iztca

Does this mean poor people who can’t afford holidays have clever as fuck kids?
well... my brother is a professor, we all had our choice of Oxford or Cambridge and half of us the Royal Academy also

my son's two can recite poetry like "She walks in beauty like the night" the 6 year old and the 9 year old recites Dover Beach at the moment

they have brilliant holidays, just not in term time

my family are mostly teachers

well... my brother is a professor, we all had our choice of Oxford or Cambridge and half of us the Royal Academy also

my son's two can recite poetry like "She walks in beauty like the night" the 6 year old and the 9 year old recites Dover Beach at the moment

they have brilliant holidays, just not in term time

my family are mostly teachers

:eek:

Ours insist they're off for 48 hours after puking, but then they complain about attendances too. You really can't win.

If we decide not to send the youngest into nursery for a day, they always ask why, nosy fuckers, no free childcare required today, fuck off.

we looked at the Animal kingdom one looks amazing but sooooo expensive... were ging as a big group so thought a villa might be best...sometimes i hate my sisters tho so it could end up in misery

If you're in a big group then a villa is always going to be the cheapest. For us it worked out just as cheap to stay on site once we factored in the cost of food and stuff (got free/cheap dining). Villa offers loads of other advantages too (and disadvantages) - I've been in a villa before and would do it again.

Back