taking kids on holiday outside of school holidays

Thought they’d challenged the robbing fecking travel agents on this?
Ie its roughly £1200 a head for us in the 6 weeks v £600 a head april/october. X 5 and thsts a few bob. And its for nowt flash either the robbing kernts.

Highlighting the double standards in your moral high ground.
what double standards?

rather than taking children out of school during term time my brother plays cards with his.... you're killing me here

Aye, I could take them to spain or somewhere boring during the summer holidays, but they wouldn't enjoy it as much.

if you were really thinking of your children you'd leave them in school and go on holiday at the appropriate times like Becs does

what double standards?

rather than taking children out of school during term time my brother plays cards with his.... you're killing me here

if you were really thinking of your children you'd leave them in school and go on holiday at the appropriate times like Becs does

Bullshit, neither the holiday companies or school should dictate when and were i can go on holiday, Im sure my daughter will appreciate her holiday alot more than a few reading lessions and colouring in a few pictures

It's their job and they get loads of holidays anyway, so silly comparison. Plus a teacher will be missed more than a kid I reckon.

out of interest, where did you get up to with your education? what do you wish for your children?

Bullshit, neither the holiday companies or school should dictate when and were i can go on holiday, Im sure my daughter will appreciate her holiday alot more than a few reading lessions and colouring in a few pictures

it's not really about that like I said

it's about role modelling and having principles, just like Becs and there are a few other posters on here whose names escape me but it is obviously the right thing to do and just because you want a "better" holiday for yourself you do so at the expense of your children

out of interest, where did you get up to with your education? what do you wish for your children?

it's not really about that like I said

it's about role modelling and having principles, just like Becs and there are a few other posters on here whose names escape me but it is obviously the right thing to do and just because you want a "better" holiday for yourself you do so at the expense of your children

meh suppose that's the good thing about opinions everyone has a different one,

im sure the bairns will be fine in the long run and that them missing abit of school will cause them no harm in the long run

Can I answer? I dropped out of uni cos it came at a shit time of life for me, but this has little bearing on what I want for my kids. Above all I want my kids to be happy. I’m trying to help them find something they love doing and then will work out how to pursue this as a career/way to make money. University is an option, but at a cost vs benefit exercise it may not be worth it, unless they wish to do something which requires formal qualifications such as medicine or law. I probably won’t encourage them to do a drama degree like I did......

Can I answer? I dropped out of uni cos it came at a shit time of life for me, but this has little bearing on what I want for my kids. Above all I want my kids to be happy. I’m trying to help them find something they love doing and then will work out how to pursue this as a career/way to make money. University is an option, but at a cost vs benefit exercise it may not be worth it, unless they wish to do something which requires formal qualifications such as medicine or law. I probably won’t encourage them to do a drama degree like I did......

I hear you, but showing them that they are just the same as their classmates, no special treatment, that turning up is important etc are all important lessons regardless of higher education

you don't have to spend lots of money to have a good holiday and you don't need to head to an all inclusive beach

I know a couple of people who did a drama degree

One works in retail & one works as a waiter.

Complete waste of a degree.

It's really up to individual choice and I wouldn't take sides either way (despite my earlier tongue-in-cheek post) but it is noticeable that one of the primary reasons seems to be cost based on an unwillingness to modify expectations. Is there an element of people have an idea of where their holiday should be and don't want to change to a similar costed holiday during school holidays if it isn't their first choice?
Very probably yes. If the choice is a holiday in the sun by taking them out of school or a flea bitten static caravan during a wet week on crimdon dene you can understand that. That wasn't the choice for me (just wanted to save money) but could be for many.

I know a couple of people who did a drama degree

One works in retail & one works as a waiter.

Complete waste of a degree.
Haha. I was in food and beverage then retail for 15 years. Then I finally found something that I actually loved that could also pay the bills. I’m lucky.

I hear you, but showing them that they are just the same as their classmates, no special treatment, that turning up is important etc are all important lessons regardless of higher education

you don't have to spend lots of money to have a good holiday and you don't need to head to an all inclusive beach
Let’s be honest, they’re not the same as their classmates. They’re my kids so they’re the best.

Turning up is only important if you’re turning up to the right things.

Back