taking kids on holiday outside of school holidays

I think you read things that aren't there. If I can't afford to holiday, how come I'm taking them away?
I’m taking mine out during term time because it will be quieter in the parks and I absolutely hate crowds. Not for financial reasons, although they do help - I have to save less, obviously. Surely such terrible parenting priorities will see me rightly vindicated by the moral minority on this thread....

I’m taking mine out during term time because it will be quieter in the parks and I absolutely hate crowds. Not for financial reasons, although they do help - I have to save less, obviously. Surely such terrible parenting priorities will see me rightly vindicated by the moral minority on this thread....
Scum.

When it boils down to it each parent has to make a judgement on whether a family holiday is worth the costs, financially and otherwise. THEY are best placed to judge whether being away from school for a short period is sufficently detrimental to their education as to cause problems. You can tell some kids are not going to be academic from an early age so 2 weeks of schooling wont alter their destiny.

I am. For many reasons unrelated to this discussion also.
Mag? :eek:

When it boils down to it each parent has to make a judgement on whether a family holiday is worth the costs, financially and otherwise. THEY are best placed to judge whether being away from school for a short period is sufficently detrimental to their education as to cause problems. You can tell some kids are not going to be academic from an early age so 2 weeks of schooling wont alter their destiny.

Mag? :eek:
*spits*

Just playing devils advocate but rather than pulling your kids out of school could you not ring in sick? It amounts to the same thing but is arguably less selfish as you’re taking the flack for the cheaper holiday rather than potentially impacting your kids education?

Im not sure i follow. Its exactly the same as your intentions are idenical but you'd lying to the school about it. So arguably worse. How would it be less selfish? Cat would still believe you to be impacting on kids education.

Interesting that she liked your post given her high moral values. I take that she advocates telling lies to the authorities now?

Im not sure i follow. Its exactly the same as your intentions are idenical but you'd lying to the school about it. So arguably worse. How would it be less selfish? Cat would still believe you to be impacting on kids education.

Interesting that she liked your post given her high moral values. I take that she advocates telling lies to the authorities now?

Calling in sick to work

I was playing devils advocates - and not sure who you work for but I wouldn’t call my employers “the authorities” sounds a bit sinister!! Enjoy your holiday mate

Calling in sick to work

Ah right. Personally wouldnt feel comfortable doing that, also still doesnt answer the other issues like affordability or availability.

I was playing devils advocates - and not sure who you work for but I wouldn’t call my employers “the authorities” sounds a bit sinister!! Enjoy your holiday mate

Thought you meant phoning school to tell them kid was sick.

And more selfish imho as you leave a lot of people in the shit.

Last edited:

Back