Takeover/investment, do you think it is on or off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

It seems highly unlikely to happen imho. All of the noise seems to be fairly negative. If, on the off chance, something did happen, I dont think it would be to the extent we all hoped for at the outset.
By noise i take it you mean the on again/off again non fact based speculation.

FWIW i think it's ongoing.

My guess is the terms of the deal and why we always tend to hear the word ‘investment’ rather than ‘takeover’.

Investment and the owners will not have to pay a percentage to Short, Takeover and they will have to and I guess the amount is not sufficient.

like I say, guess.

Depends how nda's are worded!..hope you are riight though!They would not be rushing to hire al low rent manager if the dell deal was still on in my book!
If the deal was off we would definitely know about it by now. I have signed NDA deals for IT Bids worth a quarter the value of SAFC and some worth 20 times the value of SAFC, and if they are adhered to, no information would be given out at all, and if it is then you are liable for damages.

So in this instance not only would the deal fall through, but the club would potentially be taken to court for millions too. This will be the reason why noting is being said.

I have also worked on many projects that despite being declared as the preferred supplier, contract signature has still taken 3 or 4 months to complete, so the timescales of this investment/ takeover are not particularly long, we are just all impatient

If the Sun's info is correct, I can understand why the Dell lads have moved on, which would be extremely disappointing given their background and level of wealth. I just hope that there's still a possibility that a deal can be negotiated and it's not dead in the water.

It seems highly unlikely to happen imho. All of the noise seems to be fairly negative. If, on the off chance, something did happen, I dont think it would be to the extent we all hoped for at the outset.

Negative? Other than guesses on here there’s only the Nixon report which then contradicted itself a few days later

Even “that” SD comment was it’s still a bit better than 50/50

It’s certainly doesn’t seem to be the done deal that was being reported on here, however it’s certainly doesn’t seem to be “finished” either. We’re just going to have to wait patiently and hope...

Regardless, sacking a manager on a Tuesday and still not having a manager the following Monday is shocking.

You can’t just get rid of some one without a plan as to what to do next. We need to get back to winning games, not allow this to fester and muddle through.

Regardless, sacking a manager on a Tuesday and still not having a manager the following Monday is shocking.

You can’t just get rid of some one without a plan as to what to do next. We need to get back to winning games, not allow this to fester and muddle through.
Agree with this. Manager should have been in place to start work today

going of whats been said by journos and the owners and other various sources on here, its still on going albeit in a different form. It would seem from SD comments that there's definitely a bit of brinksmanship going on. what I don't understand is why, other than money.

We must get out of this league for anything to happen probably. No serious investment of any sort will happen in this shithole of a league why would it ! SD and the new manager need to put all their efforts into promotion this season and IMO we are way off that now

never been properly on

morsels of information

given to the masses

3 more years at least in this league

we'll have to rely on time more than money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back