Takeover/investment, do you think it is on or off?

Negative? Other than guesses on here there’s only the Nixon report which then contradicted itself a few days later

Even “that” SD comment was it’s still a bit better than 50/50

It’s certainly doesn’t seem to be the done deal that was being reported on here, however it’s certainly doesn’t seem to be “finished” either. We’re just going to have to wait patiently and hope...
Just my take on it. Waiting patiently is all we can do you're right.

Think I'll get the celebratory wine in ready for tomorrow ;)

(This would be the fourth time I've prepared... this time, this time...)

If the Sun's info is correct, I can understand why the Dell lads have moved on, which would be extremely disappointing given their background and level of wealth. I just hope that there's still a possibility that a deal can be negotiated and it's not dead in the water.
What we need a one of those videos of a few lads fans jumping about singing haway msd come and buy us were class n that ...

Remains unknown, as it’s always been until finalised.
So atm still on.

The majority of assumptions that’s it’s off based on timescale expectations that are unreasonable

I think that currently it's still on. The blokes from MSD have better things to do than to watch us take on Wimbledon unless they were deadly serious so even of there are a few hiccups I doubt that would make them walk away in a hurry. What those hiccups are is open to debate. I don't think that SD will be changing prices like The Sun are suggesting though. I think the long delay will be around what involvement people have, what percentages people have of the club based on their involvement and what personnel the MSD group want working at the club. If they are as serious as they seemed to be a few weeks ago then they will have taken their time to do their homework about everyone at the club.

The management situation will also have slowed things down. Ideally, Jack Ross would have had us sitting pretty so that this distraction didn't come about. That again, is dependant on if the MSD group wanted to keep him in the first place and also if they are having a say in who the replacement will be. They may be worried that with a change in manager, they may be stuck in League 1 for another season and they will alter their financial projections of how much investment will be required.

All in all, sit tight, i'm still very hopefully. I reckon it's a 7 in 10 chance of going through. If it doesn't then we move on and we'll find some fresh investment further down the line.

If "the deal" is definately off SD would have made an announcement to that effect to stop all the speculation. From that we can conclude that in the event that the Dell deal's off, another one is ongoing.
Binmen? Lovely.

He'll be waiting to announce investement cos if he came out and said MSD is off there'd be a meltdown of epic proportions.

Only on here, and this messageboard only represents a small, but massively bipolar, proportion of our support. I reckon most Sunderland supporters would be pretty sanguine about the whole thing. We can handle let-downs, we have plenty of practice.

Last edited:
If "the deal" is definately off SD would have made an announcement to that effect to stop all the speculation. From that we can conclude that in the event that the Dell deal's off, another one is ongoing.

Only on here, and this messageboard only represents a small, but massively bipolar, proportion of our support. I reckon most Sunderland supporters would be pretty sanguine about the whole thing. We can handle let-downs, we have plenty of practice.

Well I for one will be pretty gutted

Back