Takeover/investment, do you think it is on or off?

I would’ve said it was still on, albeit going through some hardball negotiations, but for one thing.
Methven (I think it was) came out and said it was never a takeover, when it has been proved he called it just that on more than one occasion.

That made me think either he’s denying it because the NDA was breached when the takeover was blabbed about and he’s trying to limit the damage, or the deal hasn’t gone the way SD wanted, and he simply hasn’t been able to agree terms with the ‘buyers’, so Methven’s backtracking and trying to temper the shitstorm that will ensue if this all collapses.

It doesn’t look great right now, but maybe there’ll be a nice surprise round the corner...

I think it's on but people got excited creating graphs that showed we'd be richer than Man City and that. I was probably one of them.

I think they'll invest this season with a view to acquiring more shares as and when we progress through the leagues...
I live in the hope they just come in with an offer Donald et al cannot refuse to make them just fuck off. The longer it goes on the more I dislike the current custodians of our club and the more I feel they don't really give a shit but want to ensure they don't settle things until they have squeezed every penny they can out of any potential investor.

On for me, we just need to concentrate on new manager, winning games and let SD and whoever sort out the financial side of the club, investment ect...

Can anyone see Donald or Methven doing a podcast anytime soon?

To clear up/reassure to the fans the investment is ‘still on’ or to get their points across why it may or may not of failed.

Its on but its not the dells!it local investment to keep us going untill we get into the championship and then don will sell up!You heard it hear first!

Last edited:
Off.

Anyone investing in the club would not have signed off the appointment of Phil Parkinson.

NB* For what its worth if he becomes the next Guardiola there will not two be fucks given here :)

Just wait and see eh? It makes no difference to this season
Yup, this.
We are Sunderland. We are, and always will be, shit. We have the odd cheer like derby wins or beating Man U. However most of the life of a Sunderland fan is disappointment. I lost interest years ago.

Off.
If they’re finding more problems the deeper they dig the more likely its off obviously. If all those problems were presented “on the surface” at the start the more likely its to be on......if you know what I mean. Obvious I know but I’m trying to remain an smbr here.

I live in the hope they just come in with an offer Donald et al cannot refuse to make them just fuck off. The longer it goes on the more I dislike the current custodians of our club and the more I feel they don't really give a shit but want to ensure they don't settle things until they have squeezed every penny they can out of any potential investor.
I'm starting to think this way tbh, I reckon the sticking point is SD wanting to stay at the helm, and asking for add-ons all the way to the PL. As in any negotiation, both parties will start with their terms, then through a process of give and take, will arrive at a point of agreement. I have a feeling that the Americans will end up making a final offer of X amount, take it or leave it, that doesn't include SD in the deal. If X amount is high enough, he'll be out the door like a shot. Difference is these boys do this kind of thing every day , they'll have the ability of not blinking first off to a fine art.

My 'speculation' is that if we get up this season then things will change for sure. It may well happen come January but it will all depend on how the team does of course. Hopefully now Ross is gone the players somehow the results change with a mixture of player attitudes and Parkinson so we get a decent run and some momentum going to get the best chance of investment to push on over the next few seasons.

Off as far as the MSD fellas are concerned. Maybe someone else will make a small investment to help with cash flow before the end of the season. If that happens, the current owners can then say the deal was never off but the rumours about who we assumed was coming in were unsubstantiated.

Some stupid questions on here at the minute what difference does it make what anyone on here thinks ! Just wait and see
I think your totally missing the point of a fans messageboard.

It’s to discuss fans thoughts & opinions on certain matters. To gauge other fans thoughts.

Back