Takeover/investment, do you think it is on or off?

I'm not really bothered one way or the other. I like how the club is these days (until the buyout rumours, things were much more calm) - it feels like our club again.
On the other hand, having money to burn would also be nice, but I'd hope we didn't turn into a plastic club.

Either way, I just wish they'd get the decision done, as we're treading water yet again - wasting time and burning goodwill.

I'm not really bothered one way or the other. I like how the club is these days (until the buyout rumours, things were much more calm) - it feels like our club again.
On the other hand, having money to burn would also be nice, but I'd hope we didn't turn into a plastic club.

Either way, I just wish they'd get the decision done, as we're treading water yet again - wasting time and burning goodwill.
How can you genuinely like how the club is now? Academy sides not up to scratch, recruitment is hap hazard and without much thought and no scouting system in place. The club, Imo, is a mess

How can you genuinely like how the club is now? Academy sides not up to scratch, recruitment is hap hazard and without much thought and no scouting system in place. The club, Imo, is a mess
We have owners that actually care. The club is being managed and to a large degree, they talk to us open and honestly.
Unlike under Short, when he didn't give a shite.

It has to be still on, doesn't it!

I know we'll just carry on regardless should it go tits up but this will be such a kick in the gonads if it does turn sour.

As one poster put it there should have been a contingency plan in place ( a rolling one that most clubs use to replace a manager) for a replacement.. Most clubs always have an eye on who they want to replace the incumbent manager that changes almost every month , but at least its up to date. I can't believe that our lot have not considered putting this in place just on the off chance that the manager needed replacing at some stage. This coming after a disastrous end to our last season. Unforgivable and embarrassing. :oops: :oops: :oops:

They clearly still want us but are negotiating publicly which is a concern but happens all the time.
hard to value a club like ours in League 1 : massive potential but two promotions away from fulfilling it !
It's not a hands off investment by any stretch. Disappointing that Stew and Charlie turned out to be flippers but that's capitalism .

As one poster put it there should have been a contingency plan in place ( a rolling one that most clubs use to replace a manager) for a replacement.. Most clubs always have an eye on who they want to replace the incumbent manager that changes almost every month , but at least its up to date. I can't believe that our lot have not considered putting this in place just on the off chance that the manager needed replacing at some stage. This coming after a disastrous end to our last season. Unforgivable and embarrassing. :oops: :oops: :oops:
This ^ but it does seem to be typical of the club.

I rely on this place for my info, so I obviously haven’t got a clue. The only thing that tells me it’s off is that this deal is the kind of deal you dream of and these things always seem to happen to someone else.

I think it's on but people got excited creating graphs that showed we'd be richer than Man City and that. I was probably one of them.

I think they'll invest this season with a view to acquiring more shares as and when we progress through the leagues...

Back