Takeover/investment, do you think it is on or off?

snarlz II

Winger
Not even sure if these threads are just deleted. ITK’s seemed to have evaporated since the club statement which I suppose speaks volumes and the national press seem to have no idea either. What’s your gut feeling? Probably answered my own question but hey ho.

Not even sure if these threads are just deleted. ITK’s seemed to have evaporated since the club statement which I suppose speaks volumes and the national press seem to have no idea either. What’s your gut feeling? Probably answered my own question but hey ho.

Gut feeling is a smaller investment than originally planned. Hope I’m wrong and they just insist on 100% and transform the club from top to bottom!!
Think there’s a game of brinkmanship being played out now, IMO the Nixon story has been leaked to apply a bit of pressure

Yeah I certainly hope so. Reckon it would work too

Just wait and see eh? It makes no difference to this season

I think it does tbh. Financially it might/might not, but it's had an effect on this season. The club was left in limbo over the summer to a point where we just didn't do anything at all until it fell through. Something Ross commented on.

And in this occasion it seems to have been a factor in when/if Ross was sacked and in turn affected things on the pitch.

If we get another offer in a week does it all start over again?

There isn’t any rush to get investment so people need to just chill and wait and see what happens.

These things take time and nobody really knows what’s going on behind the scenes.

If I was an American though, investing a substantial amount in the UK I’d be waiting until after brexit so I could have some certainty in the value of my money.

I think it does tbh. Financially it might/might not, but it's had an effect on this season. The club was left in limbo over the summer to a point where we just didn't do anything at all until it fell through. Something Ross commented on.

And in this occasion it seems to have been a factor in when/if Ross was sacked and in turn affected things on the pitch.

If we get another offer in a week does it all start over again?
*affect

I'm not convinced it was ever as clear cut as it was made out to be on here, RR, ALS etc.

The club statement says they're trying to bring in investors for when we reach the Championship (which is what SD always said from the day he took over), yet some folks seemed to be creaming themselves about us becoming the next Man City by the end of September and buying our way out of League 1. It was never going to happen because of L1's equivalent of the FFP rules but now there's doubt being cast on investment happening immediately, suddenly loads of people have gone apeshit because their self-inflicted dreams have been shattered.

I'm not convinced it was ever as clear cut as it was made out to be on here, RR, ALS etc.

The club statement says they're trying to bring in investors for when we reach the Championship (which is what SD always said from the day he took over), yet some folks seemed to be creaming themselves about us becoming the next Man City by the end of September and buying our way out of League 1. It was never going to happen because of L1's equivalent of the FFP rules but now there's doubt being cast on investment happening immediately, suddenly loads of people have gone apeshit because their self-inflicted dreams have been shattered.
I think huge numbers of our support are ignorant to the FFP rules and expected millions to be spent in January to get us out of this league.

What investment would allow is improvements in the set up behind the scenes and in the academy, scouting set up etc. In that respect, any substantial investment can’t come quick enough as the changes it would enable will take a good while to have a positive impact on the first team so the sooner the better

Your best bet is to just forget about it. I don't think it's a massive thing that needs to happen this season we are in league 1 and we don't need multi billionaires to get out of this league

If we go up then yes, if we want to get to the place we all want to be then we will need big investment

Let's just see how it pans out

There isn’t any rush to get investment so people need to just chill and wait and see what happens.

These things take time and nobody really knows what’s going on behind the scenes.

If I was an American though, investing a substantial amount in the UK I’d be waiting until after brexit so I could have some certainty in the value of my money.

What knowledge do you have of the deal (s)? As you seem pretty sure in your comments.

Nixon was the only one in the press to claim msd deal was off, his next article then totally contradicted that and just suggested there were problems, he has since said on twitter msd still want the club.

Back