RAWA Supporter's groups meeting with SAFC - 16th Feb

Are there any plans to get youngsters more connected to the club. When I was growing up we had SAFC 24/7 where you'd get a membership card, magazines every so often and some sort of offer on tickets. I know this was mentioned with the previous ownership but I don't think I've read anything on it since KLD et al came in.

That's what I'm keen to work on 👍

There used to be portable merch trucks and an inflatable goal game outside the family section. On the concourse there were electronic games, face painting, hand outs like little flags and a man on a stage doing interactive games and stuff. I think he was one of the DJ's from local radio.

Would love to get stuff like that back and "pocket money" merch like bouncy balls and pencil sharpeners. Think that would make it more appealing to bairns as they'll still have a fun time even if the football is pants.

Think he may have been joking after the suggestion that you shouldn't raise issues without a clear, bullet pointed list of what you personally intend to do about it

That's GG's job. Seen him down the stadium weeding the paths earlier.

I’ve bough GG a high Viz vest with ‘SMB bitch’ 😉 on the back, his first job is stripping back crumbling paint, on the stancions.
You reckon we could get a decent list together for him to keep the lad busy.

Football clubs don’t want fans following them on summer tours. Unfortunately they’re too polite to tell them. Any club organised fan tours are simply becos if someone’s gonna make money the club may as well be that someone.
Often something that is said on this board, but I don't think that is a fact to be honest (perhaps not the place to debate it though). Our club might hate fans following, but lots of others appreciate it and welcome it (including the Mags for that matter). I know for a fact, as I know people who work for said clubs, that teams far more successful than us actively have strategies in place to attract fans to go abroad with them because they see it as a huge part of their brand, and therefore brand strategy, to market the club abroad and on social media. That includes putting on events for the fans and hiring brand ambassadors to meet and greet them throughout tours. This is particularly the case for European clubs by the way.

I'm sure if you're used to owning Eastleigh and have no idea about the scale of the club you've bought, you'd be intimidated by the idea of having fans go abroad with the club of course - mostly because you're scared of having to pay any more then the bare minimum.

Often something that is said on this board, but I don't think that is a fact to be honest (perhaps not the place to debate it though). Our club might hate fans following, but lots of others appreciate it and welcome it (including the Mags for that matter). I know for a fact, as I know people who work for said clubs, that teams far more successful than us actively have strategies in place to attract fans to go abroad with them because they see it as a huge part of their brand, and therefore brand strategy, to market the club abroad and on social media. That includes putting on events for the fans and hiring brand ambassadors to meet and greet them throughout tours. This is particularly the case for European clubs by the way.

I'm sure if you're used to owning Eastleigh and have no idea about the scale of the club you've bought, you'd be intimidated by the idea of having fans go abroad with the club of course - mostly because you're scared of having to pay any more then the bare minimum.
Especially with our relatively high recognition abroad now thanks to Netflix

It could certainly have an impact on what money KLD is prepared to invest in the club. And transparency is very important between owners and fans to build up trust between the two. It might not bother you but it bothers others.

This.
I don't get why it would impact on what KLD is prepared to invest. If he issues more shares and the other shareholders don't invest pro-rata, his shareholding % will go up. I can't imagine a family of billionaires have bought a controlling stake but not considered a strategy if SD/CM doesn't want to invest more.

I get it bothers others, the point is I have no idea why. No one has stated a detailed explanation.

For example, if someone said, If KLD only had 60% then xyz would happen, that would be a good point to start.
I disagree if both parties agree to. What is so secret that its guarded by i presume MI5?????
I would imagine one of the shareholders decided he didn't want to release this info publicly, probably because a certain sub-section of fans would be upset that they have any shares at all.

It's a private company - it's their choice. If you want to disclose percentages, buy the club and release them.

Last edited:
I don't get why it would impact on what KLD is prepared to invest. If he issues more shares and the other shareholders don't invest pro-rata, his shareholding % will go up. I can't imagine a family of billionaires have bought a controlling stake but not considered a strategy if SD/CM doesn't want to invest more.

I get it bothers others, the point is I have no idea why. No one has stated a detailed explanation.

For example, if someone said, If KLD only had 60% then xyz would happen, that would be a good point to start.

I would imagine one of the shareholders decided he didn't want to release this info publicly, probably because a certain sub-section of fans would be upset that they have any shares at all.

It's a private company - it's their choice. If you want to disclose percentages, buy the club and release them.
Still missing the point... If what you imagine is true there may well be something to hide albeit Share holding value or how much leverage they (the other shareholders/stakeholder) have over the Majority shareholder, which I do believe KLD is. It is that very value of how much investment KLD has or will put in is directly because of these other shareholders/stakeholder who may not have or do want to put the funds in have no wish to do so in the future. It is therefore very relevant to a disclosure.

Still missing the point... If what you imagine is true there may well be something to hide albeit Share holding value or how much leverage they (the other shareholders/stakeholder) have over the Majority shareholder, which I do believe KLD is. It is that very value of how much investment KLD has or will put in is directly because of these other shareholders/stakeholder who may not have or do want to put the funds in have no wish to do so in the future. It is therefore very relevant to a disclosure.
They have no leverage, KLD has a controlling stake, e.g. he the majority of voting shares.

Therefore if he wants to do anything, and if the shareholders have a vote on it, his majority of shares mean that he can dictate what happens.

e.g. Wants to sell McGeady?, he has the final say. Even if all the other shareholders objected, they can do nothing about it.

If he wants to invest £100m - he can do, even if the others put in nothing, as it will just mean the others % of the club is vastly reduced. It's a standard share dilution in these circumstances.

They have no leverage, KLD has a controlling stake, e.g. he the majority of voting shares.

Therefore if he wants to do anything, and if the shareholders have a vote on it, his majority of shares mean that he can dictate what happens.

e.g. Wants to sell McGeady?, he has the final say. Even if all the other shareholders objected, they can do nothing about it.

If he wants to invest £100m - he can do, even if the others put in nothing, as it will just mean the others % of the club is vastly reduced. It's a standard share dilution in these circumstances.
I don’t think the last point is true. He can’t dilute through investment. He has to buy their shares to dilute

What cos that jig stuff is shit ? It's terrible and no relevance.
Sorry I don’t know what Irish jig you are referring to and I stay till the end every home game to clap the lads off. I can just recall Paint Your Wagon being played if we win and that’s a Broadway song wrote by a German & American.

I don’t think the last point is true. He can’t dilute through investment. He has to buy their shares to dilute
Of course he can.

For example, let's say the total number of shares in the club is 100 (for ease).

Let's say KLD owns 65 of them, and the others 35 between them.

So KLD has 65% of the club.

KLD can then create an issue of new shares, say an extra 100 shares at a price of £1m each (again numbers for ease).

KLD is entitled to buy 65 of the new shares and the others are entitled to buy 35.

If the others don't buy the new shares, KLD can buy all of them.

In that scenario, KLD would have invested £100m and now owns 165 shares out of the 200 in existence or 82.5% - up from his previous 65%. Therefore diluting the other shareholders who chose not to invest, down from 35% to 17.5%

Of course he can.

For example, let's say the total number of shares in the club is 100 (for ease).

Let's say KLD owns 65 of them, and the others 35 between them.

So KLD has 65% of the club.

KLD can then create an issue of new shares, say an extra 100 shares at a price of £1m each (again numbers for ease).

KLD is entitled to buy 65 of the new shares and the others are entitled to 35.

If the others don't buy the new shares, KLD can buy all of them.

In that scenario, KLD would have invested £100m and now owns 165 shares out of the 200 in existence or 82.5% - up from his previous 65%. Therefore diluting the other shareholders who chose not to invest, down from 35% to 17.5%
I believe it will depend on whether the articles of association allow him to issue new shares without the consent of others. There are rules around forced dilutions

Back