RAWA Supporter's groups meeting with SAFC - 16th Feb

Definitely the ticketing issue, away games very little notice and the ticket office needs to be open more for people to go in. We used to go in for our away tickets and I'm pretty sure when you could pay cash you also didn't get the fee's, now been cashless this isn't an option.

If you work during the day it's hard to get disabled / carers tickets which you can't get online. We used to just go into the ticket office to get tickets for our group of mates which included some of the above categories but with the limited opening hours / short notice it's not possible. Now it's trying to call on dinner breaks etc to get through, which can be a nightmare especially if it's a short window.

I just think for the amount of fans / tickets, home and away, we need the ticket office back to normal opening hours to actually go in and for it to be properly staffed.

Because we want to know who owns what of our club. Its beyond strange (and very telling) you'd even challenge why this question wants to be asked.
And again, I’ll ask why? And what difference does it make?

The oBly possible reason I can think of is so that you can twist on about how much SD/Cm own regardless of how much that is.
Hi mate. I'm not sure if you were aware or not but we had a game today. Won 1-0 after a slow start. New defender looks good on first impressions.

I know the above is way down your list of priorities, with the censorship of SAFC's ownership taking front seat, but I just thought you would like to know.
I was there as I have been since 1982

Can we stop that Irish jig shite at the end . The wise men say a minute or so after whistle is spot on but just let us applaud without that horrible irish rubbish.

Definitely the ticketing issue, away games very little notice and the ticket office needs to be open more for people to go in. We used to go in for our away tickets and I'm pretty sure when you could pay cash you also didn't get the fee's, now been cashless this isn't an option.

If you work during the day it's hard to get disabled / carers tickets which you can't get online. We used to just go into the ticket office to get tickets for our group of mates which included some of the above categories but with the limited opening hours / short notice it's not possible. Now it's trying to call on dinner breaks etc to get through, which can be a nightmare especially if it's a short window.

I just think for the amount of fans / tickets, home and away, we need the ticket office back to normal opening hours to actually go in and for it to be properly staffed.
I thunk the away ticket issue is down to other clubs, think it’s been mentioned before

How long is this just sports/Nike deal as the press release just said multi year

Last edited:
Again, for the umpteenth time, if there is nothing to hide publish who has what shares, its not as though its a state secret that need protecting.. It will allay fears of supporters and that KLD is in total control. It will ease the tension that exists in supporters that the two main chancers do in fact have any control over what the Board of Sunderland AFC decides and are not Ghost/Shadow Directors pulling the strings from the sidelines. Simple thing to do if there's nothing to hide. We might even find out who this other investor is?????

Last edited:
Just the one question from me, when the club return’s to the Championship, hopefully next season, is the ambition of the football club to get promoted again to the premier league, or is it going to be a slow building process in the championship, and are funds guaranteed to be spent on the first team.

Could you ask what has happened to the pitch and if the £500k investment from last year ever materialised?

Also, its been talked about for years but are there any plans to tidy up the Concourse? There's been bare breezeblock in the East Stand for 25 years and manky grey concrete floor all over, even just some red and green paint like in the family zone would look smarter.

Are there any plans to get youngsters more connected to the club. When I was growing up we had SAFC 24/7 where you'd get a membership card, magazines every so often and some sort of offer on tickets. I know this was mentioned with the previous ownership but I don't think I've read anything on it since KLD et al came in.

Another very good question tbh, I'd expect them to look at it for the south stand upper at least. Will put it on the list!
Was it not asked at the last meeting already?

I know the business meeting thing I went to they said they do want to bring it in when legally allowed.

It was not paying cash that avoided booking fees / postage it was doing it in person. I always paid by card in person.

Last edited:
From reading the weekly reports of bottle throwing and general animal behaviour in the south stand concourse I am surprised that is not top of your agenda. Absolutely mad it is allowed to happen time and time again.

As a temporary solution….close the stand.
Closing the south stand definitely wouldn’t help like.

Was it not asked at the last meeting already?

I know the business meeting thing I went to they said they do want to bring it in when legally allowed.

It was not paying cash that avoided booking fees / postage it was doing it in person. I always paid by card in person.
It was asked in October and the minutes were as below :

"PA asked if the club are thinking of introducing this. SAFC’s stance has always been to watch the government position and continue to monitor
the situation but are awaiting a change in legislation.

DR confirmed early adopters can apply to introduce standing areas in the top 2 tiers of football from January. These rules don’t apply to league one but will hopefully be an issue in the future.

PA thinks introducing standing could lead to a change in atmosphere and offer a different experience to fans

When it is more prevalent, SD thinks it could be quite exciting but would require significant planning and resourcing to introduce."

Main thing is to see if there's been any update in terms of whether they've looked into the costs, when it might be able to be introduced, has there been feedback from the clubs that have installed it etc. From the previous minutes it sounds unlikely it would be able to happen next season, but worth asking if there's any update

Last edited:
Can we look at a reincarnation of the ‘Wear on Our Way’ Travel pass? The Mags have the Magpie Mover and we’re left with expensive local travel.

It needn’t be as cheap as theirs (we have more league games and normally more cup ones too when you factor in the shite one)… even if the subsidy was reduced and we paid a little more I’d be fine with that.

There’ll always be a tipping point that stops people going to the match so if the cost of travel were reduced the club would see some sort of benefit in ticket sales too.

We are not one of the clubs selected for the trial. No other clubs will get safe standing until the trial is complete and has then been assessed by the authorities concerned. Whats the point in asking questions like this that SAFC have zero control over? Most people on here could answer that question here and now (and I just have).
What about after the trial? Should we not be looking ahead?

And again, I’ll ask why? And what difference does it make?

The oBly possible reason I can think of is so that you can twist on about how much SD/Cm own regardless of how much that is.

I was there as I have been since 1982
It could certainly have an impact on what money KLD is prepared to invest in the club. And transparency is very important between owners and fans to build up trust between the two. It might not bother you but it bothers others.
Could you ask what has happened to the pitch and if the £500k investment from last year ever materialised?

Also, its been talked about for years but are there any plans to tidy up the Concourse? There's been bare breezeblock in the East Stand for 25 years and manky grey concrete floor all over, even just some red and green paint like in the family zone would look smarter.
This.

Again, for the umpteenth time, if there is nothing to hide publish who has what shares, its not as though its a state secret that need protecting.. It will allay fears of supporters and that KLD is in total control. It will ease the tension that exists in supporters that the two main chancers do in fact have any control over what the Board of Sunderland AFC decides and are not Ghost/Shadow Directors pulling the strings from the sidelines. Simple thing to do if there's nothing to hide. We might even find out who this other investor is?????

Hi, for the umpteenth time they legally cant disclose that. It isnt that tricky

Ok..so despite the weekly threads on issues in the south stand and concourse, it's absolutely bloody fine and there's nothing to see here

Am not even sure how regular posters on PF can have missed the discussion.

As for "what are you going to do about it" - guess what - sod all as i believe the point of RAWA and this thread is to "raise issues" not "fix the whole club yasel"

Good answer mate.

In the grand scheme of things.
And problems people seem to perceive with the South Stand is easy sorted. Move.

As I say. I was there yesterday. No problem at all. Some people whinge over anything.

Back