RAWA Supporter's groups meeting with SAFC - 16th Feb

Sorry I don’t know what Irish jig you are referring to and I stay till the end every home game to clap the lads off. I can just recall Paint Your Wagon being played if we win and that’s a Broadway song wrote by a German & American.
So that song where everyone claps ( or dont as it happens) at the very end of the game is paint your wagon ?. Honestly always thought it was like an irish leprechaun voice.

It's terrible anyway. I M O like.

Often something that is said on this board, but I don't think that is a fact to be honest (perhaps not the place to debate it though). Our club might hate fans following, but lots of others appreciate it and welcome it (including the Mags for that matter). I know for a fact, as I know people who work for said clubs, that teams far more successful than us actively have strategies in place to attract fans to go abroad with them because they see it as a huge part of their brand, and therefore brand strategy, to market the club abroad and on social media. That includes putting on events for the fans and hiring brand ambassadors to meet and greet them throughout tours. This is particularly the case for European clubs by the way.

I'm sure if you're used to owning Eastleigh and have no idea about the scale of the club you've bought, you'd be intimidated by the idea of having fans go abroad with the club of course - mostly because you're scared of having to pay any more then the bare minimum.
I’m talking about NE and U.K. based fans NOT newbies picked up in forrin climes via Netflix or watching the PL on tv.
So that song where everyone claps ( or dont as it happens) at the very end of the game is paint your wagon ?. Honestly always thought it was like an irish leprechaun voice.

It's terrible anyway. I M O like.
Been sang occasionally since the 70s by fans of safc.

Last edited:
Sorry I don’t know what Irish jig you are referring to and I stay till the end every home game to clap the lads off. I can just recall Paint Your Wagon being played if we win and that’s a Broadway song wrote by a German & American.

Well I've just googled it and like that version but ours at ground doesn't sound like that. I know it's been played at end of games , especially Quinny era but never liked it then.

Think crowd just want to sing and applaud without that. Or i do anyway :)

I believe it will depend on whether the articles of association allow him to issue new shares without the consent of others. There are rules around forced dilutions
Correct, but I cannot imagine any billionaire buying a club to be held to ransom by minority stakeholders.

It’s quite common for non dilution clauses to exist. Even for large companies/assets

I can imagine it
I would find it extra-ordinary that any investor with an ounce of intelligence would allow a situation where someone like CM who only had 6% before the takeover, and probably far less now, could prevent further investment. It's also not in CM's interests, as far better to have 1% of £500m than 6% of £20m. Dilution shouldn't be an issue for shareholders

I would find it extra-ordinary that any investor with an ounce of intelligence would allow a situation where someone like CM who only had 6% before the takeover, and probably far less now, could prevent further investment. It's also not in CM's interests, as far better to have 1% of £500m than 6% of £20m. Dilution shouldn't be an issue for shareholders
It’s not preventing extra investment, it’s just potentially non dilutive. Non dilution clauses are common.

Correct, but I cannot imagine any billionaire buying a club to be held to ransom by minority stakeholders.
But he's not held to ransom is he,
He has a controlling stake
You and your tin foil on your head brigade have hijacked this thread aswell
If you're not happy get a petition

Still missing the point... If what you imagine is true there may well be something to hide albeit Share holding value or how much leverage they (the other shareholders/stakeholder) have over the Majority shareholder, which I do believe KLD is. It is that very value of how much investment KLD has or will put in is directly because of these other shareholders/stakeholder who may not have or do want to put the funds in have no wish to do so in the future. It is therefore very relevant to a disclosure.

Unless the articles of association specify otherwise, the issue of new shares is a matter for the directors of a company, not the shareholders. The directors of Sunderland are KLD, Patrick Treuer and Igor Levin. If the club is owned 100% by an overseas company, they will have the first option to acquire those shares. To the extent that doesn't happen, the directors could then offer the new shares to a third party, and the holding company would end up with less than 100%. If that third party was KLD personally, it's a messier way, but the investors in the holding company end up diluted pro rata.

I haven’t read through all the question suggestions and I’m pretty sure it’ll be in there, but in case it’s not:
How will the concerts impact on plans to relay or reseed the pitch? Is there an expectation that it can be improved this season?

Not sure if it's been mentioned b3fire but some lighting where the away buses park especially on winter/night matches would be good it's pitch black along there
I raised this issue with club representatives a few weeks into the new season. Also the other potential problem down there is a total lack of Police/ stewards when pissed up away fans going back to their buses and acting like dicks. How there wasn't a major kick off after the Wigan and Bolton games I don't know. I did get a reply about 2 months ago saying these issues would get brought up at the next safety advisory group meeting but heard nothing since so I'd like it brought up at the meeting please

Well I've just googled it and like that version but ours at ground doesn't sound like that. I know it's been played at end of games , especially Quinny era but never liked it then.

Think crowd just want to sing and applaud without that. Or i do anyway :)
Fair enough can understand your sentiments would be nice for spontaneous appreciation rather than a PA booming this - it’s not an Irish song though mate!

Fair enough can understand your sentiments would be nice for spontaneous appreciation rather than a PA booming this - it’s not an Irish song though mate!
Must be my ears need washing out :)

Aye. No real need for it to me. Feeling it was shorter than usual on Saturday like.

I raised this issue with club representatives a few weeks into the new season. Also the other potential problem down there is a total lack of Police/ stewards when pissed up away fans going back to their buses and acting like dicks. How there wasn't a major kick off after the Wigan and Bolton games I don't know. I did get a reply about 2 months ago saying these issues would get brought up at the next safety advisory group meeting but heard nothing since so I'd like it brought up at the meeting please
There were 5 police total for the morcambe game. My mates a bizzie and was one of them. Weren’t expecting any trouble then a load of mags in with them got pasted outside and tried complaining.
Noticed at Doncaster they allowed this at half time
Raised this years ago and got told it was getting looked at. So easy to do with a section of the south stand especially

Last edited:
But he's not held to ransom is he,
He has a controlling stake
You and your tin foil on your head brigade have hijacked this thread aswell
If you're not happy get a petition
I am happy, I don’t want to know the percentages- it makes no difference.

Re-read my posts.

What has the feedback been on the ‘improved’ internet/ the cloud? I sit in the north stand and its no better than previous seasons for me.

Could there be some bigger teles installed on the concourse?

So GG, just to sum up, once you have
Painted the stantions
Weeded the path
Moved the turnstiles
Got everyone a cheese slice
Sorted the ticket fiasco
Moved the fans in the SS
Sorted the pink seats
Fixed the PA speakers
Any chance asking if JD has sined

Back